• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D-JAC gave the quote of the camp IMO

top dawg

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Ben McAdoo's presser today was entertaining for sure, and I think people should listen to it, as it sounds like an experienced NFL guy who knows what he's doing, but  if there is anything that will make you believe that this team will be better than most people project, it will be listening to Donte Jackson.

"That's what we do out here, you know. All of us are not submitting to being a team that everybody looks down upon. We're not submitting to that."

The team is gelling according to Jackson, and people aren't just working for themselves, they're working for their teammates if you believe Corey Littleton. And Phil Snow essentially told us not to underestimate the sharing of knowledge and experience of Xavier Woods and getting all the guys on the same page by demanding communication. But listen to Donte; the 2022 Panthers aren't satisfied with being a joke. And don't let it get by you that he mentioned a few players on offense, including Baker. They also are aware of Rhule's situation (if you listen to what he said), and they're going to do what it takes to keep him around.

I'm not making any grandiose claims about the postseason, but I will say that those thinking that our ceiling is 5 or 6 games might want to rethink that a bit. We'll know more by the end of next month.

Pie in the sky bud. Wait until the billets start. 

• Poo 2

10 hours ago, Klepto2klub said:

Pie in the sky bud. Wait until the billets start. 

Point taken.

10 hours ago, Snake said:

I refuse to get excited about a Rhule coached team. 

We'll, that's your prerogative, and it's even a rationale one--moreso if it's about Rhule's performance and your belief in him to improve, and not just because it's simply Rhule (if you get what I'm saying). Only you know if you're being honest.

7 hours ago, hepcat said:

Same sh*t different year. Everyone is a super bowl contender in training camp 

We'll, Donte didn't even mention "Super Bowl."

24 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's up to them to make me believe. I hope they can.

There's a difference between belief and hope, as your comment denotes and perhaps even connotes. I just think that Jakson's words speak louder than words. They have a chip on their shoulders that we (perhaps) didn't even know that they had. And that gives me a little more optimism. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, top dawg said:

There's a difference between belief and hope, as your comment denotes and perhaps even connotes. I just think that Jakson's words speak louder than words. They have a chip on their shoulders that we (perhaps) didn't even know that they had. And that gives me a little more optimism. 

People will point to Rhule and rightly so but this team has a different aura it seems. All last year people bitched and moaned that no one was vocal and now Burns, Jackson, Shaq, and now Baker are being more vocal.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

People will point to Rhule and rightly so but this team has a different aura it seems. All last year people bitched and moaned that no one was vocal and now Burns, Jackson, Shaq, and now Baker are being more vocal.

The team looks to have some heart. I couldn't say that last season, especially as it went on. If nothing else, I don't think that our new veteran additions, particularly Mayfield, are going to go down without a fight. And for the vets that were already here--like Donte said, "It's year three." The guys are on a mission.

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Vocal leadership wasn’t the biggest issue last season. The issue last year was that they coddled Sam Darnold and didn’t bring in any competition for him. That literally ruined the season. They’re still doing it to a degree letting him have first team reps knowing full well his ass ain’t starting week 1.

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We'll, Donte didn't even mention "Super Bowl."

You know what I mean. Hope abounds in training camp until the losses start piling up. It happens every season.