• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Wednesday 8-10 Discussion

rayzor

19 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

That's fair, and I understand the people that hate Rhule.  The people I dont understand are the ones who would rather the team fail to be right about Rhule instead of Rhule just improving with the experience he has had.  I get tempered expectations, I don't get hoping for the worst.  I also dont get the people who turn any positive thing Rhule does or anything they agree with he says into some made up negative just to be doom and gloom.

I'd never cheer gor my team to fail...

But the thing about hoping that Rhule will improve is that in order to do that, you have to believe he's capable. You have to have it in your mind that he's genuinely got the potential to be a great NFL coach and we just haven't seen it yet.

A lot of us don't believe that.

Frankly, I have yet to see a reason to think anything of the sort.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd never cheer gor my team to fail...

But the thing about hoping that Rhule will improve is that in order to do that, you have to believe he's capable. You have to have it in your mind that he's genuinely got the potential to be a great NFL coach and we just haven't seen it yet.

A lot of us don't believe that.

Frankly, I have yet to see a reason to think anything of the sort.

The staffing, drafting and FA recruiting between last year and this year is night and day.

He's addressing last years mistakes: J Brady, OL, Sam, even Fletcher. 

Its not that Rhule hasn't learned, its people refuse to acknowledge any of it.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

If Corral didn't have this LaMelo like skillset I'd say play the veteran but this young man has come in with skill, raw aggression, not taking no for an answer, slinging the rock with touch and precision.

He's a football player who has done everything short of kneecapping his perceived competition. If he didn't flash like he did, OK. He did more than flash. This kid should be playing. Baker is a lost case.

I'm very excited to see him in action Saturday. I sincerely think that he's the real deal.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, poundaway said:

The staffing, drafting and FA recruiting between last year and this year is night and day.

He's addressing last years mistakes: J Brady, OL, Sam, even Fletcher. 

Its not that Rhule hasn't learned, its people refuse to acknowledge any of it.

Drafting and free agency don't necessarily get credited to Rhule, especially not this year.

As far as the other, show me wins and then we can talk.

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Young Lion vs Baker and Baker get's ragdolled but again Matt Rhule coddles Baker to the finish line. This wasn't a real competition and Matt Rhule is trying to crush the young QBs spirit until he complies and falls in love with donut day. Duck donuts anybody?

Matt Rhule continues to mismanage. Your putting another wayward QB ahead of Matt Corral. Not just Matt Corral but a Matt Corral who just put on a circus show of accuracy at your camp. Stupid is as stupid does.

If your rookie draft pick is playing like this YOU PLAY HIM it's football HE'S A FOOTBALL PLAYER. Your new QB is here before you....the lion king cat GIF

Matt Rhule truly sucks at this.

Screenshot_20220618-002624~2.png

You feed a lion BEEF, bloody, NOT donuts.

the man crush is strong with this one

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From yesterday, but I'll go ahead and throw it in here.

Panther GM Scott Fitterer is asked whether Matt Rhule is under any kind of mandate. He ducks the question.

You perspective,  he ducks the question. 

I listened to it, and heard Fitterer respond in a may that Rhule has his complete confidence.  

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

You perspective,  he ducks the question. 

I listened to it, and heard Fitterer respond in a may that Rhule has his complete confidence.  

saying to the media you have complete confidence in someone is completely meaningless in sports.  There is nothing else to say.  Just look at Rhule.  He says junk like that all the time about guys.  Then will cut them or trade them or fire them. 

• Pie 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

If he plays bad in preseason, I wouldnt be surprised. 

I have a feeling Corral shows some flashes in the preseason but overall doesn't look ready to start for an NFL team. He was a late 3rd round pick in a weak QB draft class, it's not like this guy was a top 10 pick. He could be a total bust and no one would be surprised. At the very least though, he needs to play a little bit with the 1s or at least the 2s to show what he can do. 

• Pie 1

Corral has obvious physical tools. I think anybody with even a middling knowledge of football can see that clearly.

What's harder to judge with any player, but especially a quarterback, is their mental skill and processing speed.

Until you see them on the field in a real game situation, that's going to be the big question.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2