• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sean McVay's memory

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not surprised. He was asking him about pivotal plays. Those are likely ingrained in his head after untold hours of film study.

Agree. It’s impressive. But I bet a lot of people can recall the details of pivotal career moments and poo that makes it breaks them.

When you grow up around Bill Walsh and John McVay as a kid with an eidetic memory, you are going to end up like this by the age of 30.

I'm sure Sean knew more than Shanahan. He likely knew every play Shanahan and Gruden ran with the Broncos and Raiders in the 90s. He likely knew all about them from his grandfather before he even coached with them.

Bill Walsh and John McVay are the GOATs. The line of success and innovation they have given the NFL may never be matched.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

While I will not deny that he is good, when you trade away your drafts through 2034 and you put your team in cap hell moving forward, it is pretty easy to have some positive moments.

Cant argue with the results. 2 SB appearances, and 1 SB win.

Meanwhile, we are in great cap shape with tons of picks and we’ll see none of that.

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Guessing this is one of the reasons he's good...

In 2013, after being 0-9 on 3rd downs against the Saints and I believe 7 3 and outs throughout the game, Cam steps up and hits Ted Ginn after being smacked in the face and Ginn takes it 38 yards. Three plays later Hixon makes a catch in the endzone and BoA was literally shaking.

This proves nothing. The guy watches film. Whoopidy do da day.

11 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

My wife have a memory like that for everything I do wrong

Same.

I don't know how on Earth they can remember what shirt you were wearing when you blabbed about wanting to go to a Nascar race rather than with her to a wedding 11 years ago...but here we are.

4 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

And none of this would've mattered yet again if Jaquiski Tartt doesn't drop this interception. This is like congratulating an accountant for being good with numbers. I for one expect an NFL level head coach to be able to have a good memory.

You think if they asked Rhule to recount the formation, opposing defensive alighment / personnel and ensuing action for a random play from seven years ago, he could do it?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You think if they asked Rhule to recount the formation, opposing defensive alighment / personnel and ensuing action for a random play from seven years ago, he could do it?

Yes, yes I do. Because he is a football coach. And weren't you the one saying McVay wasn't that special? Coach of the Year award winning Sean McVay, as well as the award itself isn't that impressive. I believe your words were "look back at the list the last twenty years, nothing special".