• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Commies GameDay Thread

Zod

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How has it been clear?   Explain

Based on reporting and how Rhule has behaved. Rhule is dense, but if Corral was the best QB on the team, we'd be seeing him. It would be absolutely normal for a 3rd round project to be behind a veteran at this point in the season - give it time.

Again, this isn't about the QB. The reality is, Corral gets a spot over PJ nearly regardless of how either plays from here on out. But it is realistic to think PJ can run the offense better than Corral. That isn't crazy. And this game is for players whose position isn't settled yet. Corral's, honestly, is. He's safe this year.

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

There's plenty of preseason game left for Corral to play... Its been pretty clear that PJ was ahead of Corral in terms of running the offense, so unsurprising he gets in first. We always knew Corral was a project. PJ may suck, but he's likely ahead of him right this second, and the other players competing for roster slots also deserve a QB that can in theory run the offense better.

But there's plenty of time. Its possible Corral will get more playing time than any other QB still this game. I doubt it, but its possible.

But the issue with this approach in logic, Mav, is that this assumes Rhule knows how to appropriately and properly evaluate talent.  I'm not willing to give him that much credit.  I don't think he has evaluated PJ vs Matt.  Nor Baker vs Darnold.  I think he likes his guys and they get the nod first and foremost because they are his guys.  I think that's what we're seeing now.  I like PJ, but I don't think he won these snaps...  I think they have been given to him.  And again, that's the same with Baker and Sam and Rhule stringing along that facade.  He doesn't want to hurt Sam's feelings.  

And the same goes for the OL.  He isn't evaluating that poo.  He's playing politics and mindgames.  He started Baker with Elflien and Jordan.  Then outs Sam in with the desired OL with Ickey and Bozeman.  It just makes zero fuging sense.

• Pie 3

Just now, Proudiddy said:

But the issue with this approach in logic, Mav, is that this assumes Rhule knows how to appropriately and properly evaluate talent.  I'm not willing to give him that much credit.  I don't think he has evaluated PJ vs Matt.  Nor Baker vs Darnold.  I think he likes his guys and they get the nod first and foremost because they are his guys.  I think that's what we're seeing now.  I like PJ, but I don't think he won these snaps...  I think they have been given to him.  And again, that's the same with Baker and Sam and Rhule stringing along that facade.  He doesn't want to hurt Sam's feelings.  

And the same goes for the OL.  He isn't evaluating that poo.  He's playing politics and mindgames.  He started Baker with Elflien and Jordan.  Then outs Sam in with the desired OL with Ickey and Bozeman.  It just makes zero fuging sense.

I think its very likely Rhule is garbage at talent evaluation, but PJ is a veteran and Corral is not. Corral has a huge learning curve. This is as much about the players around PJ as anything else IMO. I think that's okay for the first preseason game (3 quarters in). I mean, we are JUST now seeing Howell too.

Rhule may suck at evaluating, but I don't think its a big deal PJ is playing right now.  I also don't think this is at all about Darnold's feelings right now - its about the fact Rhule is used to college, and doesn't belong as an NFL head coach.

RE: the OL, yes, there's very weird choices going on there.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1