• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Commies GameDay Thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Corral not looking great was predictable with practice / the reps he's been given. Doesn't mean much for him long term. Still plenty of time for him to develop.

Plenty of time to develop.  But he still has to have coaches that can develop him and put him in a position to develop.  

Thus far, that clearly isn’t the case here.   Given the mess ahead of Corral, it doesn’t look like he will get much growing the is preseason.  Unless our coaches quickly correct the mess ahead of him. Which I doubt. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

I would have paid a dollar for that. 

That was a great preseason game.

Our 1s dominated.

Our backups were serviceable.

Ron blitzed like his entire career depended on it and still lost.

And Joey Slye missed a PAT

I change my mind.  That was worth at least $2.

• Pie 3

I originally had Sam Howell as my number one quarterback this off-season on pure potential. I had to talk myself into Corral as I usually had him 4-5th on my list. I'm still glad we took a shot at quarterback at least. You have to pick them for one to eventually hit. 

My God, let the kid learn. It’s been one TC and he’s coming from an RPO offense. Regardless of how he did it, he just led the Panthers on a game winning drive. He didn’t turn the ball over and his athleticism drew a crucial penalty. Some of you have miserable lives and love pessimism or you always like to be right… if it’s the latter then God bless your loved one’s.

I preferred Willis and Howell myself but Corral is our QB. Give the kid a break.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 7

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Plenty of time to develop.  But he still has to have coaches that can develop him and put him in a position to develop.  

Thus far, that clearly isn’t the case here.   Given the mess ahead of Corral, it doesn’t look like he will get much growing the is preseason.  Unless our coaches quickly correct the mess ahead of him. Which I doubt. 

Yeah. I hope for the best for Corral as with all Panthers, but I worry about if we can actually develop him.

I'm not ready to throw him out yet though.

I'm not going to go crazy judging rookies in their first preseason action, but hopefully this will quiet the "Corral should be our starter crowd". He is a skilled, but developmental guy which has been said time and time again. That means he has a lot to learn and will hopefully get better with time...but Baker is clearly our QB1 and should be the starter

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

He could have been given every rep in training camp.  That doesnt mean he would have been ready.  This isnt madden.  He is going to take time, not just reps.  

how the fug does a 5th rounder look better then him and how the fug does Willis looked better then him?  Seems like we are really doing something wrong here.  And we gave up a fuging 3rd to get him. 

Not throwing in the towel on MC but when you look at the big picture something is off

• Pie 1

Just now, Tr3ach said:

He could have been given every rep in training camp.  That doesnt mean he would have been ready.  This isnt madden.  He is going to take time, not just reps.  

Cool.  But he isn’t even getting 3rd string NFL reps.   And reps matter.  They aren’t the end all be all…..playbook, time and all that matters too.   Reps is where you start figuring out the game speed.  

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

There are some gigantic over reactions to Corral's performance today.  It's his first time in a game, and it was the 4th qtr of a preseason game.  If you see doom and gloom because of this, you might need a xanax.  

Normally I would at least listen to that - but now with how so many have declared Corral this amazing talent because he was first on the field.  He's a 3rd round talent.  That's it.

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

That was a great preseason game.

Our 1s dominated.

Our backups were serviceable.

Ron blitzed like his entire career depended on it and still lost.

And Joey Slye missed a PAT

I change my mind.  That was worth at least $2.

our 1s dominated?  You sure you watched the right game?  We gave up like 4 pressures in the first 13 plays.  Our backups had no pass rush

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, panik said:

I'm not bashing Corral, but I do think that Baker can be the guy. He found some success in the shitshow that is Cleveland he can do a thing or two here.

So you paying him next year when we have the 31st worst cap position in the league? You'd have to cut several players just to sign a QB that maybe gets us 5-6 wins this year.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

My God, let the kid learn. It’s been one TC and he’s coming from an RPO offense. Regardless of how he did it, he just led the Panthers on a game winning drive. He didn’t turn the ball over and his athleticism drew a crucial penalty. Some of you have miserable lives and love pessimism or you always like to be right… if it’s the latter then God bless your loved one’s.

I preferred Willis and Howell myself but Corral is are QB. Give the kid a break.

He's not the savior this season as some wanted to delude themselves into thinking but judging anything from this beyond that is pure stupidity.

• Pie 3