• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Commies GameDay Thread

Zod

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

That was a great preseason game.

Our 1s dominated.

Our backups were serviceable.

Ron blitzed like his entire career depended on it and still lost.

And Joey Slye missed a PAT

I change my mind.  That was worth at least $2.

That was, fun.  Yeah. I had fun watching a Panthers game.

…is that allowed?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

He could have been given every rep in training camp.  That doesnt mean he would have been ready.  This isnt madden.  He is going to take time, not just reps.  

Yes, for sure. And coaching. Who knows if we have that. 

In the mean time, other players need a QB that can execute the offense, too... Which PJ appears to be able to do. I'd rather we ditch Darnold or PJ sooner than later, so that clears out some of the "rep" logjam. Corral will be on the roster regardless of preseason. PJ is unlikely to be unless they determine he's better than Darnold (possible)

9 minutes ago, bruceleeroy said:

Yeah.  Baker is. He's a top 10 QBR QB when healthy and has won a playoff game after resurrecting Cleveland.  He's a damn good QB.  Corral isn't and the stats say he never will be.

Lol what a joke... Clevland signed a sexual predator and had to pay to get rid of the dude because he held that insanely talented roster back.... and what you paying him.... we have no money next year.

Edited by Jared Patterson

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

There are some gigantic over reactions to Corral's performance today.  It's his first time in a game, and it was the 4th qtr of a preseason game.  If you see doom and gloom because of this, you might need a xanax.  

I don't think a bad performance today is in any way telling or unexpected. But I have to admit, the "Young Lion" posters have been so obnoxious the last few weeks, I was actually rooting for and enjoying the hell out of his shitshow performance. He'll get better and I think he could be a quality player in time. But he damn sure ain't ready now, and no amount of preseason reps would have made him the guy this year. He needs time on the bench to learn the speed of the game. And we need to focus on the QB who can lead us this year.

• Pie 1

Just now, bruceleeroy said:

Normally I would at least listen to that - but now with how so many have declared Corral this amazing talent because he was first on the field.  He's a 3rd round talent.  That's it.

What people declare him is irrelevant.  Where he was drafted is now irrelevant.  He is a rookie in the NFL, period.  He may be good, or he may not.  

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

My God, let the kid learn. It’s been one TC and he’s coming from an RPO offense. Regardless of how he did it, he just led the Panthers on a game winning drive. He didn’t turn the ball over and his athleticism drew a crucial penalty. Some of you have miserable lives and love pessimism or you always like to be right… if it’s the latter then God bless your loved one’s.

I preferred Willis and Howell myself but Corral is our QB. Give the kid a break.

I feel the same way but for better or worse the clock is ticking on MC.  My gut overreaction hot take after this game is we are still in the 7ish win neighborhood and the new staff will 110% go and get their guy next draft.

I really want MC to work out but that fuse is lit

Just now, Krovvy said:

I originally had Sam Howell as my number one quarterback this off-season on pure potential. I had to talk myself into Corral as I usually had him 4-5th on my list. I'm still glad we took a shot at quarterback at least. You have to pick them for one to eventually hit. 

I forgot where I read this, but some analytical nerd did a study that showed that teams should draft a QB EVERY YEAR until one shows promise. He also went on to say if a QB doesn't show some sort of promise in his first year, dispose of him quickly and try again (which is what the Cardinals did with Rosen and Murray).