• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Commies GameDay Thread

Zod

Just now, Wolfcop said:

No one should have expected MC to look good today. He needs more reps. I bet he looks better in the last preseason game. 

I would have loved for him to look amazing but I'm not surprised or discouraged that he didn't. I'm as hungry for a long term, cheap answer at QB as anyone else, but Corral always was gonna need time.

Anyway, my main concern with him is our coaches, not him.

4 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

He's not the savior this season as some wanted to delude themselves into thinking but judging anything from this beyond that is pure stupidity.

Not a savior at all, think there’s two sides of the idiocy… the individuals that think he’s our savior and those that think he’s a bust.

Realists understand that he’s coming from a very simplified offense where he wasn’t asked to process difficult concepts. We also see that he has tools such as athleticism and arm talent.

No matter what, the wise decision is to revisit the convo next year.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cool.  But he isn’t even getting 3rd string NFL reps.   And reps matter.  They aren’t the end all be all…..playbook, time and all that matters too.   Reps is where you start figuring out the game speed.  

IF he isnt even good enough for 3rd string reps then wtf are we doing giving up draft capital for him when the entire qb crop was dropping like rocks in the draft? 

Like i have said before,  when howell was there in the 5th for us we should have loaded the qb room with cheap rookie prospects and let them fight it out. 

Just now, Wolfcop said:

No one should have expected MC to look good today. He needs more reps. I bet he looks better in the last preseason game. 

Maybe.  If Rhule keeps 3 QBs ahead of him until then… I doubt Corral will look drastically different.  

Sam and PJ both being here essentially negatively impacts Baker and Corral.    And they are the two we should care most about 

3 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Lol what a joke... Clevland signed a sexual predator and had to pay to get rid of the dude because he held that insanely talented roster back.... and what you paying him.... we have no money next year.

You're the same guy that can't read stats.  He's a top 10 QB when healthy.  It's not my job to find the money.

1 minute ago, bruceleeroy said:

You're the same guy that can't read stats.  He's a top 10 QB when healthy.  It's not my job to find the money.

Because you aren't smart enough think that far and cant answer my questions.... Why did a "top 10" QB have zero teams interested in him, hold the most talented roster back and have to have his own team pay to get rid of him?

Edited by Jared Patterson

4 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I forgot where I read this, but some analytical nerd did a study that showed that teams should draft a QB EVERY YEAR until one shows promise. He also went on to say if a QB doesn't show some sort of promise in his first year, dispose of him quickly and try again (which is what the Cardinals did with Rosen and Murray).

yep thats been posted on here before, its sheer analytics, sure there are exceptions to the rule but for the most part draft, play them, if they can play they can play.  If not its obvious.  The numbers back this up

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, bruceleeroy said:

I watched every single Baker's game in Cleveland since the Jets game. He was top 10QB only in 2020 for the second part of the season. IMO He isn't top 10 but definitely top 15. Just so people manage expectations Baker will make this team look good but in some games he will look very bad which I'm fine with.