• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Commies GameDay Thread

Zod

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

Wentz had to wait until we put in the 2nd and third string to move the ball at all.

Sorry you can shlt on the win all you like, but there was a lot of good stuff today.

Ron left his entire first string in until they scored.... they had a grand total of four yards vs our first string D and a turnover.... "Backups didn't have any pressure" dude can't help but clown himself... 

Baker played a great drive Sammy got a TD starting in the redzone.... it was 10-0 when are starters sat.

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

thats where you are wrong.  Rhule had the contract and the goodwill to do something like this 3 years ago.  Instead the dumb motherfuger thought our roster was good enough to win and..........well you know the rest of the story.  Certain situations can be baked in for a guy to take his lumps but like you say they at least have to play to take said lumps. 

In short rhule had golden opportunity with his 7 year deal but like most things he totally fuged it up

Ok, yes. Rhule specifically had that unique opportunity.

Who should he have picked up year one?

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Ok, yes. Rhule specifically had that unique opportunity.

Who should he have picked up year one?

I would have to go back and look but instead of darnold in year 2 he had his pick of jones or fields (who I wanted).  He could have bought himself crazy time by say picking fields and then sitting him for a year.   He would then have at least 2 more seasons and who knows past that.

edit- just looked at the 2020 qb draft   ooofff that is ugly

edit again to say - I am not suggesting sitting fields, I think he can play, just saying rhule could have done this and nobody would have batted an eye.

Edited by mrcompletely11

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would have to go back and look but instead of darnold in year 2 he had his pick of jones or fields (who I wanted).  He could have bought himself crazy time by say picking fields and then sitting him for a year.   He would then have at least 2 more seasons and who knows past that.

edit- just looked at the 2020 qb draft   ooofff that is ugly

edit again to say - I am not suggesting sitting fields, I think he can play, just saying rhule could have done this and nobody would have batted an eye.

I agree there. If Fields or Jones turn out to be good (or at least better than Baker) Rhule’s goose is cooked. And maybe even Fitts.

If Fields, Jones, and any QB we passed on this year turn into something…yikes.

1 hour ago, blahblah312 said:

I guess you told us....thank you for that detailed analysis...it sure has changed my opinion. I now think of Baker as the best QB in the universe thanks on the insights you provided. I am a much better fan now because of it. 

Glad to have helped! Enjoy your improved fandom, it should help win the Superbowl, for sure.