• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pass rush anyone??

Jmac

You aren't paying attention. You don't gameplan in the first preseason game so you go vanilla. We seem to be better against the run although Roy was getting moved on double teams. Playing more read and react because our secondary is going to be good.

Frankly I like it better than the sellout at all costs to get pressure. 

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 8

42 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You aren't paying attention. You don't gameplan in the first preseason game so you go vanilla. We seem to be better against the run although Roy was getting moved on double teams. Playing more read and react because our secondary is going to be good.

I agree.  Our defensive line may end up being not that good, but you can't take anything from today's performance.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We better stay healthy on the DL. The backups don't look NFL caliber. I think there is a DL or two on the final roster who isn't currently on the roster.

Tbh, I don't recall being more unimpressed with our defensive depth up front in along time.  Those backup LBs and DLs outside of Barno and Smith were some of the worst I ever remember seeing.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

That’s true but I think the concerning thing is that it didn’t look any of our guys can generate pressure on their own (except maybe Barno)… meaning that the only way we’ll generate pressure is with blitzes, stunts, etc.

Run defense looked good by the starters today, but yes - that is the biggest concern for the regular season. If they can be average at stopping the run, the defense has some potential to be really good. Hanging onto the ball on offense will help, obviously. 

• Pie 1