• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corrall

NAS

Just now, RenoCarolina said:

They are playing Walker so he can get tape and get picked up. Treating a good soldier right keeps locker room tight. Corral is not going anywhere.  Including PS

That is such a stupid fuging rationale.  No fuging way rhule is fuging with Matt corrals development just to show the looker room he looks out for his guys.   I am sorry man that is just retarded.  If Matt Rhule doesnt see that pj walker will be out of the nfl the second he is cut from the panthers then we have bigger problems then we anticipated.  No coach in the history of the nfl is letting a guy play needless snaps just to show other teams some tape.  I am sorry that is beyond retarded. 

You know what keeps a lockerroom tight, showing that you know what you are doing and trotting pj out there when everyone and their brother knows he is a goner is not showing you know what you are doing. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Panther53521 said:

What will be the reaction in the huddle when:::
we keep Baker, Sam, PJ goes to practice squad, and MC9 goes to IR for the year with these mysterious injuries we seem to have on cut down day (last year was Fletcher)

That it was a dumb move because that'd prevent Corral from getting what are clearly much needed reps.

52 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That is such a stupid fuging rationale.  No fuging way rhule is fuging with Matt corrals development just to show the looker room he looks out for his guys.   I am sorry man that is just retarded.  If Matt Rhule doesnt see that pj walker will be out of the nfl the second he is cut from the panthers then we have bigger problems then we anticipated.  No coach in the history of the nfl is letting a guy play needless snaps just to show other teams some tape.  I am sorry that is beyond retarded. 

You know what keeps a lockerroom tight, showing that you know what you are doing and trotting pj out there when everyone and their brother knows he is a goner is not showing you know what you are doing. 

dont normally agree with you but thats spot on...

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

In most cases though, you're talking about a throwaway guy, not someone you're trying to develop for the future.

The Niners had to put in Lance before he was ready last year. Corral is a 3rd round pick project QB. He has all the physical tools but could take a minute to be ready mentally. I don’t think it’s any guarantee that Corral will be our future considering where we drafted him and what little we gave up for him. 
We have a solid starter in Baker that still has some potential to be better and a young project QB to sit behind him and learn. It’s as good of a situation we have had at the position since Cam was healthy IMO. 

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The Niners had to put in Lance before he was ready last year. Corral is a 3rd round pick project QB. He has all the physical tools but could take a minute to be ready mentally. I don’t think it’s any guarantee that Corral will be our future considering where we drafted him and what little we gave up for him. 
We have a solid starter in Baker that still has some potential to be better and a young project QB to sit behind him and learn. It’s as good of a situation we have had at the position since Cam was healthy IMO. 

I'd feel better about the situation if I had more trust in the guy managing it 😕

From day one Matt Rhule has crushed this young man's spirit.

Put him forth on the worst depth chart in the NFL and absolutely the fewest reps legally allowed.

Matt Corral doesn't have the right coach for him to start this year. This is The Home for Wayward QBs, Matt Rhule prefers guys that have failed in the NFL as a starter already.

F'n backwards world. He's telling this young man he's not better than Sam, Baker(two midgets), or PJ?

If in April he was projected as a mid to late first round pick, was always a top recruit, 72%,69% completion years in the SEC with a rag tag bunch of scrappiness and with him they won more games than they should have and Matt Rhule, among the worst coaches, by record in the NFL, wants him on the end of the bench in some weird tribal custom.

If anything Corral/PJ/that new QB. That should be the real depth chart. We are not competing for the conference championship THIS is the time to develop, instead we're not competing and developing lost QBs instead of the projected 1st rounder we got for a steal.

Matt Corral can play. He's didn't make it this far playing like a chump. I think he showed toughness and other bad circumstances he showed toughness.

He played the end of the game and didn't lose it. He actually hung tough and got enough penalty yards spinning out of a sack to throw down field.

I think he showed heart and great hair despite a coach absolutely hating on you giving as few reps as possible (actions speak louder than words) and great hair.

• Poo 3