• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did Ekwonu look?

Carl Spackler

21 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

If he gets his hands on the rusher they are done.  Had a bit of trouble with some outside speed rushes.

This is WHY he should be starting with the ones playing burns EVERY SINGLE SNAP working on his footwork as the speed gap adjustment is the biggest change. But no rhule must deem his arms shorter than chrostensen who should be working at guard. I hope we can him by october, mcadoo takes over and calls plays. And we get what the Phillies have done after canning girardi.

Just now, RumHam said:

This is WHY he should be starting with the ones playing burns EVERY SINGLE SNAP working on his footwork as the speed gap adjustment is the biggest change. But no rhule must deem his arms shorter than chrostensen who should be working at guard. I hope we can him by october, mcadoo takes over and calls plays. And we get what the Phillies have done after canning girardi.

Or at least what the raiders did last year

Kinda baffling they won't experiment with BC at LT and Ickey at LG. As much as I dislike them constantly shuffling guys around I think those two should be together on the left side for gelling purposes and it would be an easy adjustment to swap them when the time comes. Certainly better than having Jordan out there in any combo as Verge noted

On 8/13/2022 at 4:56 PM, Carl Spackler said:

Every tackle’s gonna get beat once or twice a game because of the skill level of the league, but if he’s also creating good push most of the time then it’s all good

Especially going against Montez Sweat, one of the better DE's in the league.

I saw the replay on Darnold's TD and it was on both players.  Ickey was trying to push the edge rusher out and beyond where the QB typically would be.  He was beat, but not as bad as it looked.  Darnold kept fading back and even further back.  The LT's job is to misdirect the edge rusher not shadow them 5-10 yards up field.  Had Darnold stayed tight in the pocket, he probably got the ball out before the rusher gets to him avoiding the hit, otherwise it would have been roughing QB.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Upon further review Darnold had to keep back peddling because the interior of the OL got blown the fug up.  One of their DTs and right end were at the 15 yard line when Darnold released the ball just shy of the 20.  Where was the LOS?  Lol, the 8 yard line!!!  The 15 yard line is where Ickey lost his man that hit Darnold at the 19.  Again, that's 7 yards behind the LOS.  You can tell Ickey kind of let him go at that point.  He was probably thinking "why is this dude still running up field?"

1 hour ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Who would you all rather see week 1 vs. Myles Garrrett.  BC or Ickey. 🤔

I think Ickey's undeveloped pass pro warrants some serious concern for week 1.

I think you got to let the rookie take his lumps and learn on the job. That's why you drafted him number 6 overall.

• Pie 2