• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is PJ Walker EVEN on the team?

TheBigKat

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Apparently I can if I'm a fan of someone other than the Panthers.

One thing I do know though, I can't expect it if he doesn't even get the coaching.

And seriously, we weren't talking about getting him ready to start Week 1. We were talking about getting him ready to play in the second half of a preseason game.

And we couldn't even do that.

Some rando named skyler played the entire game.   This rando was a 7th round pick and came from a no huddle offense in college but somehow miami figured out a way to get him up to speed. 

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Some rando named skyler played the entire game.   This rando was a 7th round pick and came from a no huddle offense in college but somehow miami figured out a way to get him up to speed. 

That's right Miami did. Their coaches.

Do they have a new offense? I'm not up to speed on all the other teams like you guys so it's an honest question. 

I would assume with a new offense that not only are Baker and Sam getting all the practice reps they are getting all the meeting time not just with the QB coach but Macadoo.

All of that is pretty normal even without the stupidity of Rhule being involved.

What is Miami's depth chart? Again I have no clue.

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

That's right Miami did. Their coaches.

Do they have a new offense? I'm not up to speed on all the other teams like you guys so it's an honest question. 

I would assume with a new offense that not only are Baker and Sam getting all the practice reps they are getting all the meeting time not just with the QB coach but Macadoo.

All of that is pretty normal even without the stupidity of Rhule being involved.

What is Miami's depth chart? Again I have no clue.

Yes, their head coach is a wonderkid named mcdaniel from the san fran coaching tree.  He is installing something along the lines that shannahan runs so yes its a completely no offense for Skyler

Skyler is 3rd string behind Tua and our boy Bridgewater.  But apparently he can still play the entire fuging game somehow, its clearly a miracle

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • The D 1

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lol I just looked.

Tua established starter

Teddy multi team starter and Vet

Then the rookie? 

Lol it's not even close to the same situation. The kid probably got all the reps this week. 

thats kindof the point, why isnt it the same situation because it damn well should be.  At the minimum Corral should be getting the 3rd string reps and he clearly isnt.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

thats kindof the point, why isnt it the same situation because it damn well should be.  At the minimum Corral should be getting the 3rd string reps and he clearly isnt.  

Correct and I just saw that dumbass statement from Rhule 

13 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I hate to tell you this but PJ looked the best out of our 4 qb's today.  Let that sink in for a minute. 

Definitely the best back up. Baker impressed me the most considering he's had one week of work here.

Sam looked like Sam. And well Corrall. Was uh, what he was.

Edited by Diehardpanth02

10 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

Definitely the best back up. Baker impressed me the most considering he's had one week of work here.

Sam looked like Sam. And we'll Corrall. Was uh, what he was.

Neither are really a good backup at the moment.  But they(Rhule) seem to think PJ has a good shot at #2. I however do not believe it.

Sam is the backup this season whether anyone wants to hear it or not. His salary and Bakers play will keep him here one more season. Corral should be #3 going forward. 

Edited by Jon Snow

51 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who else do you know that has three guys ahead of their rookie?

For Atlanta, it would be akin to Arthur Smith taking Logan Woodside with him from TEN and putting behind Mariota with Ridder sitting as QB3.  Rhule thinks he has some Minshew situation going, when all PJ is, is a Woodside. And maybe that's being generous. 

Corral looked very unimpressive and rightly so.   I hate to admit it but PJ didn't do too badly and we probably won because of his 2nd half performance.

Unless Fitterer and Rhule do absolutely something stupid end try to put Corral on the PS, there is no way we keep PJ.  

Rhule clearly is looking out for his boy over what's good for the future of the Carolina Panthers. 

If Baker ends up having a great season than we'll tag him for a season and Corral has another season to develop. 

What happens if Baker craps the bed?   Darnold is for sure to be gone.  We're not going to resign Baker. Now we are going to have to consider drafting another QB because our rookie looks lost behind a line that didn't even make the final 53. 

PJ is not making this team and Rhule needs to wake the F up and start giving his rookie some real work or we can write 2023 off if Baker craps the bed.