• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do want to see more of in preseason week 2?

Panthers Fan 69

I guess everything is subject to change, but early on I believe Rhule already said he would not play his starters vs the Pats given the workload they will get in practice this upcoming week I believe. 

so if that is true.  I’d like to see Shi more at punt return specifically.  Know he an do KR. 

and I’d like the actual and proper starting OL and QB be determined and treated as such 

19 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’d like to see the actual first team OL (Ekwonu - Christensen - Bozeman - Corbett - Moton) get some time together so they can build continuity…

Yeah, that would be nice. Almost as if it's a proven axiom that continuity on the O line matters in the NFL, and smart coaching staffs grasp this and act accordingly, so I'm sure it will not happen here.

I don't know who is going to play, but I'd like to see a clear separation between Sam and Baker. I think Baker is the better of the two, but I want to see it clearly with this team. Never mind Sam last season, that o-line was a poop storm. I want to see more of Sam with the 1st team o-line, and compare him to Baker.

I want to get a better look at Icky against speed rushers. Did we just draft a LG in the top 10? I want to see more of him.

I want to see if Corral still looks very small out there, and if that tight release is going to get batted down a lot. I want to see if he is improving his poor pocket awareness.

I want to see if Corbett can run block better and play with some fire and nastiness.

Shi Smith looked electrifying on special teams. Can he keep it up? Get him out there.

I don't want to see our poop CB Westry or whatever his name is.

I'd like to see Christensen at LT, but I know that would piss off the fan base.

I want to see the bottom of roster play better overall. Some of those guys looked terrible even though we we were not doing anything fancy.

3 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Yeah, that would be nice. Almost as if it's a proven axiom that continuity on the O line matters in the NFL, and smart coaching staffs grasp this and act accordingly, so I'm sure it will not happen here.

My only thinking is that maybe Rhule knows the second team OL is so bad that he can’t trot a QB out behind that group because it won’t allow the offense to operate, so he has to mix and match.

On the other hand, if he does knows that group is so bad… why is he continuing to mix and match in practices when guys aren’t hit. It’s taking away reps from a valuable group that needs to build an identity together.

So… honestly, I don’t get it.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

My only thinking is that maybe Rhule knows the second team OL is so bad that he can’t trot a QB out behind that group because it won’t allow the offense to operate, so he has to mix and match.

On the other hand, if he does knows that group is so bad… why is he continuing to mix and match in practices when guys aren’t hit. It’s taking away reps from a valuable group that needs to build an identity together.

So… honestly, I don’t get it.

The bigger picture you should be concerned about is when we are now having to create these weird ass reasons why rhule is doing poo like this and even then it doesnt make sense.   I thought hiring some former head coaches and guys with experience would create the proverbial "adult in the room" experience but alas I was dead fuging wrong

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The bigger picture you should be concerned about is when we are now having to create these weird ass reasons why rhule is doing poo like this and even then it doesnt make sense.   I thought hiring some former head coaches and guys with experience would create the proverbial "adult in the room" experience but alas I was dead fuging wrong

I still don’t know why everyone thought hiring a college coach who lost to Liberty, UTSA, and Duke in a span of three weeks was going to be the savior of this football team.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1