• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington broadcast

Pazhoosier89

Did anybody else here have to listen to the awful Washington color commentary with the game on NFL network? I think his name was Doc and he acted like the game was the Super Bowl. He got so upset when the Panthers would score or make a good play.  I found myself rooting for big play just so he would get pissed.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Did anybody else here have to listen to the awful Washington color commentary with the game on NFL network? I think his name was Doc and he acted like the game was the Super Bowl. He got so upset when the Panthers would score or make a good play.  I found myself rooting for big play just so he would get pissed.

True story:

Year before last I had just purchased a new 82 inch big screen and Boze soundbar, so that, as someone who watches very little TV, I could watch the Panthers at home in style. My company promptly sent me to DC for an entire month after firing the DC branch GM, and I spent an entire month watching my Panthers in DC area bars listening to Washington commentary at full blast while trying to focus on the one tv with no sound I'd gotten them to put the Panthers on.

In short, I have a fair bit of practice at tuning him out.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I thought it was quite complementary since he spent the majority of the game complaining about washington getting dominated.

Bingo, he cried every quarter I loved it. He said they’re gutting us I thought we’d be doing the gutting. It was a comedy show that kept me rolling.

• Pie 1

It was Doc Walker, an old Redskins player and he is their version of Smitty, in personality that is. He was god awful, even my brother who is a WFT fan for decades even said dude was getting on his nerves. Usually it's Joe Theismann for them but I'm guessing they wanted more "rah rah" for this matchup smh. 

He flipped flopped so many times in the game.  When they went down and scored their 1st touchdown it was as if HE turned on the dominator switch for the Commodores.  Later when we scored and were up by 14 he was "it is ok we'll learn from this"  Howell comes in and gives them the lead he's all dominator again.  Then Smith takes a good kickoff return and you could see him floundering again.  When we won the game he was back to "it ok we'll learn from this"

Guy was probably the most annoying "homer" color man I have ever heard.  

1 hour ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Yes, via GamePass until I started watching on Panthers.com....the Washington commentary was HORRIBLE!!!!  It was very very annoying!!

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It was downright pathetic. Even if I was a Commie’s fan I’d be appalled. Only announcer I’ve ever heard that had that level of homerism is Jack Edwards up in Boston.

You would have thought Brian Robinson was the second coming of Jim Brown the way the announcer was fellating over him.

This is true LOL!!!

• Pie 1