• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Just hearing the way Mayfield talks about McAdoo, I can say without a shadow of a doubt, I’d rather have him as HC right now.

I pray this thing doesn’t go sideways, but if it does, hopefully he gets a good look.

nah if this goes sideways then Tepper has to clean house and start over.  Go get one of the offensive wunderkid.  Liam Coen is getting  a lot buzz for being a forward thinker and Pete Carmichael is probably getting a head coach gig if the saints have a good year

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I remember going into last season and the bulk of the games defending rhule saying a lot of you were being way too hard on him yada yada yada.  Boy was I wrong.  LIke you say, when you step back and look at the things he has done and said and how he has approached his entire tenure the man is clearly in over his head.  Its not even debatable.  Which leads me to firmly think that posters like @poundaway that still stick up for rhule are either in his organization or a family member because I am not seeing one positive thing from this "process"

I know there are some guys who just delusionally think you can't say anything negative about the team, regardless of how bad they look. Silly, but that's their thing.

You've got other guys who I'm pretty sure are just being internet a--holes. That's kinda pathetic though not surprising...

But yes, there are also some "true believers".

Those guys scare me 😳

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The starters are getting all the reps... meanwhile, Mayfield and Darnold are splitting the starter reps. 😂

21 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It isn't hard to figure out. It means that his interest is on winning games now so the starters get all the reps. Corrals reps aren't important right now. It isn't bad coaching.  It is teaching a new offense to a bunch of guys allocating reps based on priority. When your job is on the line you don't worry about next year you focus on the present. Once Baker got here the importance of Corral playing right away went way down which was a good thing. I expect if Baker has a good year he will be resigned to a big contract. There will be plenty of time to develop Corral.

If that's the case why exactly is he toying around with Elf and Jordan starting the game with Baker (almost getting him destroyed) before giving Sam Bozeman/BC/Ickey to play behind? He's got some serious mental issues to work through when it comes to pride and nepotism..

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The starters are getting all the reps... meanwhile, Mayfield and Darnold are splitting the starter reps. 😂

Because last year only 16 qbs didn't miss time with injury. Both Mayfield and Darnold got hurt at some point. So if you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket you develop both of them figuring you will need both to win games this year. If it was all about reps and injury wasn't a concern you would have played Baker more than one series. Obviously it isn't just a competition but belief we need 2 guys capable of starting. You can disagree with that notion but he has a plan 

I mean, this isn't new news that Rhule is a clown. We ALL (well maybe like 5 fans didn't) wanted Rhule gone last year. The mishandling of Christensen, playing Chinn out of position, BAD clock management, completely crumbling after half time, not having his team ready, playing musical chairs with o-line, etc. Teddy has already exposed Rhule and his college tactics. But we really shouldn't be mad at Rhule, Tepper's the one who's keeping his ass here because his fragile little ego can't admit he was wrong.

Just look around the league and see how other teams are handling their rookie QBs. They're giving them decent reps (even if they are down the depth chart). Every rookie QB showed flashes in their preseason games...........except ours. Coincidence? I think not. I mean hell, he's taking away valuable reps from OUR STARTING QB that needs to be ready in 3 weeks, let alone our rookie. Can't wait until this dude goes back to college.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Its just amazing to me how confident some fans (well, admittedly very few to be honest) are that our coaching staff has everything under control with a flawless grand plan when all evidence and our record strongly suggests otherwise.

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You can disagree with that notion but he has a plan 

😂

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Rhule says more reps leads to better play, then defends himself not giving Corral reps, then blames Corral for poor play because he didn't take advantage of his opportunity after getting so very few reps. 

Hey clown, your boy PJ continues to not take advantage of opportunities and yet you continue to find ways to put him out there.

Corral never had a chance. As soon as he hiked it the DL was in his face. Unlike Washington, which either means their OL depth is better and/or our backup DL depth is terrible. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

If that's the case why exactly is he toying around with Elf and Jordan starting the game with Baker (almost getting him destroyed) before giving Sam Bozeman/BC/Ickey to play behind? He's got some serious mental issues to work through when it comes to pride and nepotism..

Because the line isn't set yet and several starters missed the game for various reasons. Maybe letting Baker work with both first and second readers helped him worked to his benefit. Didn't Darnold have the same guys?