• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

22 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I haven't read that. I thought Baker and Darnold were evenly split.

If you add in TC reps he's had more time with the first string. I'm hearing from my sources within the organization. As of now according to him Darnold is ahead of Mayfield and he must prove he can limit turnovers. I completely disagree with this and for one hope he's wrong but he hasn't been in the past. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

If you add in TC reps he's had more time with the first string. I'm hearing from my sources within the organization. As of now according to him Darnold is ahead of Mayfield and he must prove he can limit turnovers. I completely disagree with this and for one hope he's wrong but he hasn't been in the past. 

If that means he understands the playbook better I get that. But from who can move the offense and will air it out it has to be Baker. Let's see how Darnold does when New England blitzes while playing tough man press.

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

So, to clarify, according to your sources, Darnold is leading the competition? And it's based on turnovers? I might be wrong, but Darnold has thrown more INTs in camp than Mayfield, last count at the end of TC.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, CRA said:

Given the way Rhule looks at other spots like Baker\Sam, our C situation, Brady going from not having the tools to play LT to keeping our top 10 LT out of the spot to date….I’d say it is a tough sell.  

Think the most obvious take is Rhule has a pointless mess in front of Corral and Corral suffers from that.  You got dudes like 89 saying it’s clear watching that Corral is a stud that needs reps/time to develop. 

Rhule has fantasy competitions that aren’t real.   That’s the story.  Corral is part of trickle down effect.  There are others.   Like Baker and Bozeman not working together all off-season and figuring it out in season pointlessly, etc.  But we got college Rhule out there screwing around not able to figure out the clear cut best players. 

Well, I don't think that Rhule is making all of the decisions now, so we'll see what if anything has changed...

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

why spend energy trying to develop anyone for the future when you can't see having a job beyond this year?

you need evidence he's on a hot seat and he knows it, it's this. 

Yep. It’s why this QB competition is still going on. Matt can’t decide on who to hitch his NFL career to.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, rayzor said:

why spend energy trying to develop anyone for the future when you can't see having a job beyond this year?

Fair point...

Throw in that all of his experience with  developing quarterbacks revolves around guys who will be starting in three years, two at the most. Corral might be called upon to start as early as next year (this year of injuries happen).

I seriously doubt he understands the NFL version of "the process".

Edited by Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, rayzor said:

then if that is true (which I believe) it shows that fitt force fed Corral on rhule and thus explaining things

Edited by mrcompletely11

On 8/14/2022 at 10:54 AM, Jackie Lee said:

If that's the case why exactly is he toying around with Elf and Jordan starting the game with Baker (almost getting him destroyed) before giving Sam Bozeman/BC/Ickey to play behind? He's got some serious mental issues to work through when it comes to pride and nepotism..

Eflein gonna Elflein!

If only we had gone out and picked up a really good Center during free agency. (sarcasm)

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

OMG! So that means they've figured out nothing.

Smh. They're measuring two midgets.