• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

So, to clarify, according to your sources, Darnold is leading the competition? And it's based on turnovers? I might be wrong, but Darnold has thrown more INTs in camp than Mayfield, last count at the end of TC.

Take it with a gain of salt. I guess we will see if he's right. 

4 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I'm not a 100% sure who does exactly what, so I can only give my opinion. But my fact is: I'm hoping that the best players play and we are a much approved team...

Yeah, none of us know the truth or even very much of the full picture.

I am gleaning my opinion based on what Rhule shows the public, which doesn't have a solid track record of being accurate either.

Either way, I hope by some miracle he suddenly becomes not a shitty coach and we can get back to not being a laughingstock franchise.

Sadly, I don't have a LOT of hope about that. 

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Rhule gonna Rhule. 

This is how I go about viewing things. 

I mean, take camp and preseason.  Rhule brings in a clear cut improved C and QB.  But we aren't even in Wofford anymore and he is still acting like it is a heated contest.   You got to Rhule everything up as you go about predicting things on a Matt Rhule lead team.  

And not only is Matt an in over his head HC but he is now a hot seat version of it.  So I think it increases his odds of more poor decision making. 

I'd like to think he would be improving.  But nothing about this camp seems to suggest Matt Rhule can get out of his own way.  But I clearly say that as a guy who Rhule 100% lost last season.  I still think it is understated how bad last season was.  And I do think Rhule has Urban to thank for that.   If not for Urban, Rhule gets more attention. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Belichick on Rhule...

33 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I love football too but that doesn't make me qualified to be a NFL head coach. 

Reminds me of Richardson's response when asked about Sherrod Martin circa 2012:

"I think he plays safety."

• The D 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This is the textbook definition of a clown show

The sad thing is, our roster actually is pretty decent on paper.  Baker, CMC, RA, DJ with Icky, BC, Bozeman, Corbett, and Moton is a decent offense assuming Shi, TMJ, and Tremble don't even take the next step.  We have what looks to be a great secondary on defense with some young talent on the DL.  I hope it all doesn't get wasted by Rhule's stupidity...

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This is the textbook definition of a clown show

did you notice in Camp Confidential, Rhule opened up camp talking about how he and the team are looked as clowns.   That they might be laughed at or hear that Rhule is this.  Then goes on about his argument of how that totally isn't true.   I mean, I just thought that was a weird intro lol. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

did you notice in Camp Confidential, Rhule opened up camp talking about how he and the team are looked as clowns.   That they might be laughed at or hear that Rhule is this.  Then goes on about his argument of how that totally isn't true.   I mean, I just thought that was a weird intro lol. 

I've said before that David Tepper is aware of how people see him.

Looks like Matt Rhule is too.

• Beer 2

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

This is how I go about viewing things. 

I mean, take camp and preseason.  Rhule brings in a clear cut improved C and QB.  But we aren't even in Wofford anymore and he is still acting like it is a heated contest.   You got to Rhule everything up as you go about predicting things on a Matt Rhule lead team.  

And not only is Matt an in over his head HC but he is now a hot seat version of it.  So I think it increases his odds of more poor decision making. 

I'd like to think he would be improving.  But nothing about this camp seems to suggest Matt Rhule can get out of his own way.  But I clearly say that as a guy who Rhule 100% lost last season.  I still think it is understated how bad last season was.  And I do think Rhule has Urban to thank for that.   If not for Urban, Rhule gets more attention. 

Yeah I see already more coverage this year and I think this will be Rhules last here. Nothing about the start of this season has said we will improve much. Offense might be better but our defense could be giving up 25 to 30 points a game. 

• Beer 1