• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Best & Worst of the Washington game

top dawg

Man, it's a good thing these preseason games are full of well game planned, maximum effort players!!!

It's been a hot minute since I posted mostly due to the fact that I wanted to enjoy my summer 😃

Huddle gunna Huddle.  Overreact to EVERYTHING.

Let's not get all wrapped up in preseason performances.  Let's look at things after the first 4 games of the season.  I'd call this all rehearsal instead game play.  

• Flames 2

I don't remember Corbett looking bad at all. Unlike Jordan who was getting pushed around pretty bad.

Im surprised Thomas-Oliver III is that high. I honestly thought he would be cut in the first group after that game. He got burnt a few times and had a big holding call that was credited to Westry by mistake.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Man, it's a good thing these preseason games are full of well game planned, maximum effort players!!!

It's been a hot minute since I posted mostly due to the fact that I wanted to enjoy my summer 😃

Let's not get all wrapped up in preseason performances.  Let's look at things after the first 4 games of the season.  I'd call this all rehearsal instead game play.  

I can understand this mindset given our recent raving success.

Oh wait...

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

Where's the overreaction? I said, take from the scores what you will.

We already know that we're a little thin on the D-line and probably need acquisitions. The depth for the O-line is suspect, but most teams can probably say that.

We'll know a little more after Friday evening.

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don’t like seeing that play design. The narrator is 100% right, nothing was done to move that safety out of the play. I remember watching the replay because the normal speed made it look like RA had no chance but the replay from the end zone showed him catching it before the safety “loosened” his grip on the ball. If one of the two WRs on the left goes downfield, that Safety doesn’t have a chance.

I had a sneaky suspicion that shi ran the wrong route there. Maybe I’m giving McAdoo too much credit, but that is some elementary offensive play design stuff, and I have hard time believing he didn’t design that in. 

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don’t like seeing that play design. The narrator is 100% right, nothing was done to move that safety out of the play. I remember watching the replay because the normal speed made it look like RA had no chance but the replay from the end zone showed him catching it before the safety “loosened” his grip on the ball. If one of the two WRs on the left goes downfield, that Safety doesn’t have a chance.

I mean, it was a boom-boom play. He really didn't have a chance.

dumb and dumber thread GIF

People aren't going to want to hear this but we should go ahead and  prepare ourselves to see our starting QB take some big hits behind this line because it was never going to go from disaster to perfect quickly. Definitely not the way our head coach likes to play musical chairs. Remember years ago how we used to often talk this time of year about how we have to solidify the position group now so they are better and have had time to gel when the real games begin? Funny how the Rhule fan club justify the opposite of this like it's a good thing.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1