Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

PFF Best & Worst of the Washington game


top dawg
 Share

Recommended Posts

Man, it's a good thing these preseason games are full of well game planned, maximum effort players!!!

It's been a hot minute since I posted mostly due to the fact that I wanted to enjoy my summer 😃

Huddle gunna Huddle.  Overreact to EVERYTHING.

Let's not get all wrapped up in preseason performances.  Let's look at things after the first 4 games of the season.  I'd call this all rehearsal instead game play.  

  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't remember Corbett looking bad at all. Unlike Jordan who was getting pushed around pretty bad.

Im surprised Thomas-Oliver III is that high. I honestly thought he would be cut in the first group after that game. He got burnt a few times and had a big holding call that was credited to Westry by mistake.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

I don't remember Corbett looking bad at all. Unlike Jordan who was getting pushed around pretty bad.

Im surprised Thomas-Oliver III is that high. I honestly thought he would be cut in the first group after that game. He got burnt a few times and had a big holding call that was credited to Westry by mistake.

There was one Corbett play he was doing a perfect Elfein impression. He got Baker hit pretty hard.

1:35

 

Edited by Pakmeng
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Man, it's a good thing these preseason games are full of well game planned, maximum effort players!!!

It's been a hot minute since I posted mostly due to the fact that I wanted to enjoy my summer 😃

Huddle gunna Huddle.  Overreact to EVERYTHING.

Let's not get all wrapped up in preseason performances.  Let's look at things after the first 4 games of the season.  I'd call this all rehearsal instead game play.  

I can understand this mindset given our recent raving success.

Oh wait...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

Man, it's a good thing these preseason games are full of well game planned, maximum effort players!!!

It's been a hot minute since I posted mostly due to the fact that I wanted to enjoy my summer 😃

Huddle gunna Huddle.  Overreact to EVERYTHING.

Let's not get all wrapped up in preseason performances.  Let's look at things after the first 4 games of the season.  I'd call this all rehearsal instead game play.  

Where's the overreaction? I said, take from the scores what you will.

We already know that we're a little thin on the D-line and probably need acquisitions. The depth for the O-line is suspect, but most teams can probably say that.

We'll know a little more after Friday evening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

There was one Corbett play he was doing a perfect Elfein impression. He got Baker hit pretty hard.

1:35

 

Don’t like seeing that play design. The narrator is 100% right, nothing was done to move that safety out of the play. I remember watching the replay because the normal speed made it look like RA had no chance but the replay from the end zone showed him catching it before the safety “loosened” his grip on the ball. If one of the two WRs on the left goes downfield, that Safety doesn’t have a chance.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don’t like seeing that play design. The narrator is 100% right, nothing was done to move that safety out of the play. I remember watching the replay because the normal speed made it look like RA had no chance but the replay from the end zone showed him catching it before the safety “loosened” his grip on the ball. If one of the two WRs on the left goes downfield, that Safety doesn’t have a chance.

I had a sneaky suspicion that shi ran the wrong route there. Maybe I’m giving McAdoo too much credit, but that is some elementary offensive play design stuff, and I have hard time believing he didn’t design that in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

There was one Corbett play he was doing a perfect Elfein impression. He got Baker hit pretty hard.

1:35

 

Yeah, that's bad. 

We can't keep seeing that or it's going to be another long year of watching QB's get drilled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don’t like seeing that play design. The narrator is 100% right, nothing was done to move that safety out of the play. I remember watching the replay because the normal speed made it look like RA had no chance but the replay from the end zone showed him catching it before the safety “loosened” his grip on the ball. If one of the two WRs on the left goes downfield, that Safety doesn’t have a chance.

Also possible, as he stated, that they ran the route incorrectly. It's why they have practice games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don’t like seeing that play design. The narrator is 100% right, nothing was done to move that safety out of the play. I remember watching the replay because the normal speed made it look like RA had no chance but the replay from the end zone showed him catching it before the safety “loosened” his grip on the ball. If one of the two WRs on the left goes downfield, that Safety doesn’t have a chance.

I mean, it was a boom-boom play. He really didn't have a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...