• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there tension behind the scenes?

NAS

No, I think they all agreed on him. I just think he’s further behind than maybe they anticipated. That might have been the final straw that pushed them to trade for Mayfield. If Corral was ready, they would be prepping him for a QB battle with Darnold. He wasn’t. He might need a few years to develop. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, hepcat said:

No, I think they all agreed on him. I just think he’s further behind than maybe they anticipated. That might have been the final straw that pushed them to trade for Mayfield. If Corral was ready, they would be prepping him for a QB battle with Darnold. He wasn’t. He might need a few years to develop. 

Sweet, so we drafted the most unready qb in the draft and not only that we traded draft capital for him.  Typical panther move

43 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Especially over a 3rd round rookie player that was only likely to see the field if Mayfield hadn't been traded for and Darnold had been injured.

Fitt called him the QB of the future in the post draft press conference. Rhule putting him with fourth stringers from the very beginning suggests he didn’t agree.

and yes speculation is deserved when there’s an obvious disconnect

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

that is 100% assumption fan made drama

/thread

I am not looking to create drama.  All the hype about Corrall when Fitt drafted him, calling him our future QB and then not giving him meaningful reps is mind boggling.  If I believed in my evaluation to grade him as our top QB draft choice then I would surely want to invest more time and resources to develop him. Putting him with fourth stringers who are just camp fodder suggests a total disconnect between Rhule and Fitt.

Rhule is an ego maniac who wants to assert control of the roster 

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I agree with something I read. Rhule is in  make or break year. So prioritizing a 3rd round rookie isn’t important. 
That said two years in you can easily see who Rhule favors and doesn’t favor. 
Also he is still calling players out during press conferences and giving not-so-subtle blame. Which is just so unprofessional, imo. 
Either don’t say anything or talk to them behind close doors. 

Yeah, that was discussed when we drafted Corral.  Rhule has to win this season.  If he doesn’t he mostly likely is done.  There is little reason for him to care about developing a 3rd round rookie.  No rookie wanted to land here.   If Corral were to play this season, what it probably means Rhule was fired. 

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, NAS said:

Fitt called him the QB of the future in the post draft press conference. Rhule putting him with fourth stringers from the very beginning suggests he didn’t agree.

and yes speculation is deserved when there’s an obvious disconnect

Yeah but we also don't know how much of that was just "coach speak."

Maybe there is a disconnect or maybe Fitt was saying what he had to.

2 hours ago, NAS said:

I think Corrall was Fitt’s draft choice and Rhule refusing to give him reps has to be creating some tension behind the scenes. There is no other explanation that would make sense.  

I mean, this same thing sort of happened with Armanti Edwards. If Edwards came out of the draft now he would almost certainly be with the Ravens or 49er's, as a QB. But at the time John Fox (rightfully) wanted no part because the mold was what it was (it is what it is) at that time. 

Not sure if that's what is going on here though.