• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there tension behind the scenes?

NAS

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It's possible but I would be surprised if the guy that Matt Rhule selected to be his assistant GM would flip on him that quickly. 

I don't doubt that perhaps Fitterer and Rhule don't agree on everything. I am not sure it is at the level of there being active tension.

Especially over a 3rd round rookie player that was only likely to see the field if Mayfield hadn't been traded for and Darnold had been injured.

don’t forget we gave up a 2nd for MC. Just sayin’.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

See my post above. People love to rally around the non-Rhule guys but our FA/draft evaluations haven’t exactly been on point since the 2017 draft. It feels like we are stuck in Marty land, one marquee guys each draft and then a lot of meh. DJ, Burns, Chinn and hopefully Horn and Iky in 5 drafts. No one else I’d put on the better than average, impact player, list. That’s not how you build a team. Maybe Brown and others will surprise and turn things around but it’s not just Rhule that’s been the issue IMHO.

Bugs, does spotrac already account for our money we are going to turnover for this year for 2023 currently on their website? I don't think its counting roll over... at least I hope.

24 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I think there's tension, but I think it's about Darnold 

He ain't going out like that. That's the problem. People here don't want to admit that Sam has played better imo. Sam didn't lay down. Sam and Baker are a midget fight, not the battle of titans. I'm on team Sam because in reality Baker doesn't provide any more punch than Sam and really shouldn't be in the room if he's not a significantly better option than Darold who himself is only good for a 6-7 win season with this schedule. The real answer is neither. Instead he gives Matt Corral "the future" no reps with the ones and throws him into the game with the 3-4 string o line. Doesn't seem like Rhule is a fan like McAdoo/Fitts.

A smart organization who isn't in contention for anything would develop their rookie who was QB1 on their big board and projected mid to late first rounder last April when the college season was done. Is this not a "rebuild"?

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sweet, so we drafted the most unready qb in the draft and not only that we traded draft capital for him.  Typical panther move

Every Qb in this draft wasn't day 1 ready..

Analysts and all the NFL teams told you this over and over and over again..

When will you ppl listen??

10 hours ago, NAS said:

Fitt called him the QB of the future in the post draft press conference. Rhule putting him with fourth stringers from the very beginning suggests he didn’t agree.

and yes speculation is deserved when there’s an obvious disconnect

Fitt also said he wasn't day 1 ready and every team should have a young QB developing in the pipeline.. Fitt also said in a idea situation he doesn't have to see the field right away..

12 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Every Qb in this draft wasn't day 1 ready..

Analysts and all the NFL teams told you this over and over and over again..

When will you ppl listen??

You can either play or not. Mac Jones can, Zach Wilson can't, jury is out on Fields, when the football season was done Corral was on their level, what happened after the season that made him drop was after April when he was still widely considered a first rounder. All of that to say, you got a quality guy for a bargain and according to projections between Dec and April this was a first round kid.

We need to know IF Matt Corral can actually play in the NFL before next draft so we aren't stuck if he doesn't pan out. Of course I think he'll do more than pan out but the only way to be sure doesn't involve him sitting behind guys who wouldn't be on any other NFL team.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1