• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots Joint Practice Day 1

ncfan

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

Guys, got a ton of great content from practice today coming, may be a day or two, gotta figure out how best to post video too. Really solid day of practice and will be back again tomorrow

Remember you saying you were going to be there but hadn't seen anything from you today.

Look forward to what you put together...

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

You attributed my statements about Rhule to "bias" but you're unwilling to present an opposing viewpoint?

Okay then...

I just said that I dont want to participate in that argument. You are biased. I dont know why you feel that a bad thing? You are entitled to your opinion. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Looking forward to it. 

don't have much time right now to look through this thread... how was the coverage from our "beat writers?" Any video? Pats were very strict on video/audio recording but I was still able to get a fair amount and a few really good plays. 

If someone can give a breakdown of the coverage we got today that would be helpful for when I put all my stuff together, would rather try to fill in the holes than post what our beat writers captured anyways...

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remember you saying you were going to be there but hadn't seen anything from you today.

Look forward to what you put together...

yeah my phone mostly stayed in my pocket all day, took notes and a bunch of pictures/video from my digital camera so didn't get to post anything in real time, will need to get it all on a computer today/tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

don't have much time right now to look through this thread... how was the coverage from our "beat writers?" Any video? Pats were very strict on video/audio recording but I was still able to get a fair amount and a few really good plays. 

If someone can give a breakdown of the coverage we got today that would be helpful for when I put all my stuff together, would rather try to fill in the holes than post what our beat writers captured anyways...

I basically just did the play by play based on the patriots radio host. No visuals, all audio to text.

@Jackie Lee posted a lot of great content as well. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

Tweets from the Patriots side seemed to make is sound as if we were getting stomp in the early part of the practice. The tune changed later though.   A couple of decent videos.  My favorite was the CMC blocking drill and than one on one which of course he won. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

Well you won't have to worry about our beat writers.  I think they got lost going to the practice.  Seems most of the tweets were by locals. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

See!!! They are BOTH backups not starters guys.

We need to see what Corral has got before next draft.

We most likely, because of Rhule, will have a top ten pick and this QB class is supposed to be good.

We need to know what the kid has. The bench and the fewest reps doesn't help in this scenario.

How does it feel to be that dense? 

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I just said that I dont want to participate in that argument. You are biased. I dont know why you feel that a bad thing? You are entitled to your opinion. 

Because calling anybody who disagrees with your opinion "biased" is just a lazy dodge.

I and numerous others have given multiple reasons why we don't trust Matt Rhule. Is some of that based in emotion? Probably, just like some of the people defending him base their ideas in optimism or loyalty to the team.

But it's also true that a lot of it is purely analytical. Likewise true that you can find plenty of criticism of Matt Rhule in various independent sources, few of which could be credibly called "biased".

So again, if you feel my opinion and viewpoint are biased rather than analytical, you have the option to say so. But it's a lot more credible if you can actually present evidence of an opposing opinion.

If not, okay...

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I basically just did the play by play based on the patriots radio host. No visuals, all audio to text.

8 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Tweets from the Patriots side seemed to make is sound as if we were getting stomp in the early part of the practice. The tune changed later though.   A couple of decent videos.  My favorite was the CMC blocking drill and than one on one which of course he won. 

6 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Well you won't have to worry about our beat writers.  I think they got lost going to the practice.  Seems most of the tweets were by locals. 

OK sounds like coverage wasn't great so I'll put some more effort into getting as much as I can from today in a post (or multiple posts). I saw much less of our defense as they were on the far field but still have plenty of highlights (and some lowlights) from pretty much every phase of the practices today.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Has to be bias because nobody could reasonably disagree with you, right? 🙄

I've asked this before, and to date nobody has stepped up and answered

Outside of the "year three" stuff and other generally speculative bullsh-t and happy talk, no one has given me any evidence that suggests Matt Rhule has suddenly become a competent NFL coach and everything is going to be better this year.

On the flipside, I can point you to over two years worth of evidence that says Matt Rhule is garbage.

So if you've got an actual reasonable argument why Rhule is going to be turn the corner and be a competent to good NFL head coach this year, here's your chance to present it.

Give me all the reasons why I should trust him despite everything I've seen so far.

Great new staff. Rebuilt OL that looks very promising. WR core that looks better than any we've see in years. A young QB with a playoff win and a chip on his shoulder who's playing very well so far. A good looking secondary and LBs who look better than expected. Our main players have just outplayed the .Comms and Pats who are potential playoff teams based off of last season. 

Are the reasons acceptable to you these days or do you still feel the need to express your hatred for our HC some more?

What happened? I don't know but I do know that it will eat you up inside. I know you a little bit and I like you but man, lately it's just all hate from you. 

Relax. Let it go. It's supposed to be fun.  

• Pie 7

1 minute ago, t96 said:

OK sounds like coverage wasn't great so I'll put some more effort into getting as much as I can from today in a post (or multiple posts). I saw much less of our defense as they were on the far field but still have plenty of highlights (and some lowlights) from pretty much every phase of the practices today.

Most of it was our secondary/LB's looked good, our O-line was getting destroyed and our QB's were inaccurate/rushing throws under pressure