• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots Joint Practice Day 1

ncfan

So from the Pats perspective they destroyed our O-line all day. Seriously need to settle on the starting 5 and let them gel

By our count, we had the Patriots with nine quarterback pressures during 11-on-11 periods. Judon, Wise, safety Jabrill Peppers, and linebacker Jahlani Tavai would've likely sacked Carolina's quarterbacks if they were allowed to tackle QBs in practice.

At times, there were open receivers downfield, which is noteworthy context that we'll need to monitor as joint practices continue, but the pressure altered almost every throw it seemed.

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Robbie can't hold back his enthusiasm for playing with Baker and actually getting deep balls thrown his way, tries to brush off the competition question but not a great poker face on that one

Even skip bayless was like dude shouldve caught that ball wouldve had a td. Catch the damn ball or we getting odell.

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So from the Pats perspective they destroyed our O-line all day. Seriously need to settle on the starting 5 and let them gel

By our count, we had the Patriots with nine quarterback pressures during 11-on-11 periods. Judon, Wise, safety Jabrill Peppers, and linebacker Jahlani Tavai would've likely sacked Carolina's quarterbacks if they were allowed to tackle QBs in practice.

At times, there were open receivers downfield, which is noteworthy context that we'll need to monitor as joint practices continue, but the pressure altered almost every throw it seemed.

Yeah the guys on the radio mentioned that they were sending "exotic blitzes." Which I found to be interesting for a practice. However, its fair game. As I mentioned before, I am pretty sure the coaches collaborate on what they want each to do in efforts to focus on some of their opportunity areas.

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

All i have to say is that if bozeman ends up being garbage and corbett had that awful pff score on Saturday, there is no good way to guage free agent lineman and theyre best avoided because theyre someone elses trash. Solution is either trade capital for a pro bowl starter or draft them. Rest are depth at best.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Yeah the guys on the radio mentioned that they were sending "exotic blitzes." Which I found to be interesting for a practice. However, its fair game. As I mentioned before, I am pretty sure the coaches collaborate on what they want each to do in efforts to focus on some of their opportunity areas.

I think it has more to do with wanting to practice things you’ll need. BB knows coaching you work on what you value. They’re just working on their plays.

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Patriots always do that. Cam broke his foot in preseason against the Pats because they kept sending crazy blitzes. They love to send 6-7 guys and play man in the secondary, works out often but it is kinda fuged up to do in meaningless games

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking of coaching staff, I get the impression that the  lesson Belichick may learn this year is just how good Josh McDaniels was.

(or at the very least that Matt Patricia isn't exactly on the same level)

The entire 2022 Pats coaching structure is bizarre.  They do not have either an offensive or defensive coordinator.  On offense, it sounds like Patricia and Joe Judge will flip a coin before each down to see who calls the play.

I am not McDaniels' biggest fan.  I saw how he imploded in Denver in record time.  Most of that might have been immaturity since he spent a lot of time doing things whose purpose seemed to emphasize that he was in charge.  So maybe he has matured out of that, we'll see.  But honestly, I don't like revolving doors for coaches and I would have fired him a month after he was hired.

I was never quite sure after that if he was running the offense with the Pats or he was hanging onto Hoodie's and Brady's coat tails.  I might have gotten past that if he had been successful somewhere other than under that duo, but his only year as an OC elsewhere was a disastrous 2011 season with the Rams where they only scored 20 or more points in 3 games, and were held under 10 in 6, including 2 shutouts.  Obviously that is not all on him.  Full disclosure, they were 32nd in the league in points score, but only 26th the year before and 25th the year after.  That said, they scored roughly 100 points less the year he was the OC. 

Then he retreated to the safety of New England and Hoodie.  All that makes me suspicious of his abilities.

24 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

So basically the Pats defense came out whooping the Panthers O line and Rhule said: you know what...we cant do this musical chairs poo with the O line anymore lets settle these guys in now. 

I cant take this dude serious. 

Pretty sad, I think it's been common sense for every single person on this board and the media that you take the guys you drafted and guys that have proven themselves on other teams and let them gel. Zero reason to have Jordan battling for anything besides a practice squad spot, after the WFT game he should be behind Mays on the depth chart

• Pie 3

FYI offense wasn't great but it wasn't nearly as bad as the Pats reporters are making it out to be. Pats offense has been HORRIBLE this offseason and it wasn't any better today. They need some positives to report on, but those positives from the Pats D today are being inflated. Definitely some concerns for our offense, but not the disaster it's being made out to be. Just my take anyways from someone who was there today.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, t96 said:

FYI offense wasn't great but it wasn't nearly as bad as the Pats reporters are making it out to be. Pats offense has been HORRIBLE this offseason and it wasn't any better today. They need some positives to report on, but those positives from the Pats D today are being inflated. Definitely some concerns for our offense, but not the disaster it's being made out to be. Just my take anyways from someone who was there today.

Yeah, they interviewed Wise and he said “we dominated” and ran with it. What else was the Pats player supposed to say “we suck” lol

• Pie 2