• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots Joint Practice Day 1

ncfan

Also, anyone know the best way to go about uploading embedded video into posts here? I have .mov files and am struggling to get them embedded. Attaching the file itself isn't working. Tried using imgur to host and that works and I can post a link to it but it won't embed... Have a bunch of content from today I'll be sharing once I get all this figured out so any help is appreciated.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

FYI offense wasn't great but it wasn't nearly as bad as the Pats reporters are making it out to be. Pats offense has been HORRIBLE this offseason and it wasn't any better today. They need some positives to report on, but those positives from the Pats D today are being inflated. Definitely some concerns for our offense, but not the disaster it's being made out to be. Just my take anyways from someone who was there today.

Sounds like more of a chemistry issue from splitting reps with the QB's and O-line than anything. I expect defenses to look better on day one during these kinda joint practices anyway. 

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Yeah, they interviewed Wise and he said “we dominated” and ran with it. What else was the Pats player supposed to say “we suck” lol

Granted, the Pats D did get the upper hand in general if I had to pick a winner between our O and their D but it was not as much as our D beat their O, and it wasn't as bad as it's being made out to be. We had several very positive plays on O

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, t96 said:

FYI offense wasn't great but it wasn't nearly as bad as the Pats reporters are making it out to be. Pats offense has been HORRIBLE this offseason and it wasn't any better today. They need some positives to report on, but those positives from the Pats D today are being inflated. Definitely some concerns for our offense, but not the disaster it's being made out to be. Just my take anyways from someone who was there today.

I thought their offense looked okay against NYG in week 1 of the preseason.

19 minutes ago, t96 said:

Also, anyone know the best way to go about uploading embedded video into posts here? I have .mov files and am struggling to get them embedded. Attaching the file itself isn't working. Tried using imgur to host and that works and I can post a link to it but it won't embed... Have a bunch of content from today I'll be sharing once I get all this figured out so any help is appreciated.

If you've got a YouTube account you can upload to then you can just post the link.

(imagine it works for other video hosting sites also)

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

On the competition thing, I'm not a big fan of using psycho-manipulative type techniques when coaching adults. If they can't be motivated into doing a good job, I don't think they can be tricked into it.

As far as Ekwonu, he definitely doesn't strike me as someone who needs any additional motivation. he could likely use some additional practice though.

In fairness, these guys are literally the best competitors in the world.  They are actually professional competitors and they got to where they are because they have always thrived at competing.  They excelled at competing against other teams.  They excelled at competing against anyone who wanted their spot on the field.  They are paid millions to be the best.  It's hard to imagine that any of them would not do better with competition.

Also, I don't know a number but I'd guess I've heard a couple hundred times as players, coaches and GMs have said "Competition brings out the best."

How many times have you heard any of the approx. 2000 players, coaches, GMs say, "Competition is unnecessary," or "We traded him because the competition was stealing our guys reps and we thought that was bad"?

OBJECTION!  Your Honor, Mr. Scot can't possibly answer what 2000 players would think.  Furthermore, I recommend that the question be stricken from the record and everyone just agree that coffee is right and brilliant.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, t96 said:

I hear you but I mean at one point we had the worst OL in the league last season. We need to figure out the starting group and let them begin gaining continuity now.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, t96 said:

YouTube is the best. Accounts are free.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Pretty sad, I think it's been common sense for every single person on this board and the media that you take the guys you drafted and guys that have proven themselves on other teams and let them gel. Zero reason to have Jordan battling for anything besides a practice squad spot, after the WFT game he should be behind Mays on the depth chart

Who told you this and what is their expertise on this subject??

I see alot of couch GM coming up with these TC plans and practice schedules.. But nobody seems to think James Campen is bad at his actual job...