• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ickey named starting LT

thunderraiden

2 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

No reporter asks meaningful questions about this.

I've told this story on here before but in in the early 2000's after a panther game my friends and I ran into Tom Sorenson of the Charlotte Observer at the southend brewery.  He sat with us for a while and at some point he was asked directly about why the CO wasnt more critical of Jerry Richardson.   He basically said Charlotte is a nice quiet southern town and the people here didnt want those types of stories or those types of reporters/columnists that cause drama.  I am obviously paraphrasing but we asked about why the paper wasnt going after shinn and the hornets harder as well when he was going through his troubles and all the crappy moves they made.  He just said there is not an audience for that.   We argued and argued and he just didnt understand.  Maybe he was playing dumb but I remember being incredulous at the time that the people in the media thought that asking hard questions would turn off readers

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

and crazy part is I think Christensen looked very solid, so in the oddest of circumstances we finally have real legitimate depth at tackle.

My thoughts too…we obviously need the starters to do well and stay healthy but we do have a itty bit of depth along the OL which is weird around here

I saw a unicorn earlier today too so there is that 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

My take is different than others apparently. Instead of blaming Rhule for not making a decision until now I want to take to task all the whiners and complainers who went back and forth about how stupid we were for not handing him the job day 1 and instead making it a competition. So here we are before the second preseason game and Ickey is the starter as we all expected he would be. But I don't see the huge problem in doing it just like we did. Maybe I wouldn't have done it that way but that doesn't make it wrong 

Hundreds of posts bitching about Ickey spending his time at guard and tackle  and here we are with everything settled and it is all good. Lots of complainers for what? He still has plenty of time to gel with the ones.

I'm also noticing Rhule is the name brought up most when Oline decision happen and not James Campen "the Oline Coach".. Who most here like and was highly respected around the league..

Why is that?? Its clear Campen is making the Oline decision now...

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I'm also noticing Rhule is the name brought up most when Oline decision happen and not James Campen "the Oline Coach".. Who most here like and was highly respected around the league..

Why is that?? Its clear Campen is making the Oline decision now...

Exactly. Head coaches watch everything but the position coach knows them intimately. Campen is one of the best. You know Rhule is listening to him.  If bringing in coaches was Tepper's idea then Rhule knows to defer to them or give more ammunition to replacing him for not going along with the plan.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

LT BC, LG Ickey, C Bozeman, RG Corbett, RT Moton

That's the winning line up to make the team better.

I expect this from a losing organization: LT Ickey, LG MJ, C Elf, RG Daley, RT Moton

Ickey will end up as a pro bowl guard. As LT he won't break into the top 20 LTs in the NFL. He doesn't have what it takes to shut down the speed rushers consistently in the NFL.

Edited by CPantherKing

14 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

LT BC, LG Ickey, C Bozeman, RG Corbett, RT Moton

That's the winning line up to make the team better.

I expect this from a losing organization: LT Ickey, LG MJ, C Elf, RG Daley, RT Moton

Ickey will end up as a pro bowl guard. As LT he won't break into the top 20 LTs in the NFL. He doesn't have what it takes to shut down the speed rushers consistently in the NFL.

Say's who? You? I would find many who disagree with that