• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots Joint Practice Day 2

ncfan

6 hours ago, panik said:

Matt Rhule saying that there wasn't many interceptions today when we know Sam had at least 3 it's ridiculous. He needs to give up the charade and name his starter. The fans knows it, the team knows it, the media knows it, why does he still have to pretend?

Are you sure he had 3? I think 1 or 2

29 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I couldn’t keep up to date on the QB battle but from what I am reading Baker looked like a starter and Darnold threw some interceptions?

I think Sam had at least 1 pick in 1v1's and 2 in team drills today. Would be nice if a media member would write up something detailed

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, I guess I'm just saying coaches aren't without their own biases and agendas...  had it been another guy, they probably don't throw him out of practice two days in a row.  But, judging from what Slater said, it sounds pretty cut and dry that he concussed him and then stood over him.  Perhaps in the heat of the moment, Robinson didn't realize or feel like he was standing over him, but it probably doesn't matter what he thinks now.

I thought I heard him say "they said he stood over him".  He did say it was a legal hit so he must have saw that. I'll have to listen again. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

We passed up another late round UT OL Trey Smith over health concerns that turned out pretty good.  I believe Mays was fighting through injuries last year, but his brother is also on the team and his dad played OL for UT as well back in the day.  (I live in Knoxville).

Yeah, I didn't know about his injury history, but I suspected him playing every position on the line may have actually been a factor in him falling like he did too despite the positive connotations with versatility.  A guy starting 35 games, across multiple positions, across two different SEC schools is damn impressive and has got to mean something as well.  All I know is, everything I've seen of him is impressive and I could see him becoming a big time starter.

4 hours ago, joemac said:

Lots of analysts had Mays as a first round pick going into this season, and its not like he played poorly at Tennessee last year.  We very well may have getting a gem. 

Yeah, as I told ForJimmy, I feel like he slipped because of him playing so many different positions, and as he pointed out, probably because of injuries, because the resume and tape would indicate the dude is a hell of a football player.  I had no idea he was projected that high, though...  but I know watching him, you can see why he was.  Dude is a dog.

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I know it was against 2nd/3rd string but I'd put Mays and Pleasants above Jordan/Erving asap. They looked like they actually knew what they were doing and wanted to do it. 

Great post, because I forgot to mention Pleasants.  I have no effin idea where he came from, but I completely agree with you.  I was impressed with him as well...  and yes, they should definitely be taking Jordan/Erving spots from what I saw Saturday.  Looking forward to seeing more of both.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I thought I heard him say "they said he stood over him".  He did say it was a legal hit so he must have saw that. I'll have to listen again. 

Yeah, he seemed to be relaying what he was told and acted on that, but he did say that he saw "grainy" video of it while at practice, so apparently that was enough...  but I know He said they were going to make a decision after reviewing everything...  I hope that was more just talk to quell the outrage from the outside, because i maintain, KRob is a good player and someone we definitely can use.  Great hitter, great instincts, and just has always seemed like a playmaker to me.

• Pie 1