• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bozeman Out 2-3 Weeks, No Vet Days Were Given, Kenny Robinson's Job May Be in Jeopardy per Rhule's Presser

Proudiddy

Said they were initially concerned Bozeman may have a fracture when the injury happened, said thankfully no fracture but has a lot of stuff "going on inside there [his ankle]."  Said he'll be out 2-3 weeks.  

Asked about Robbie...  said they wouldn't do vet days for any guys during joint practices.  Said Robbir has a quad issue he has been playing through and just couldn't go today.  TMJ still having issues with the calf.  

Said he didn't see exactly what KRob did, but apparently he hit someone and then stood over them and taunted them and Rhule said that's not what we're about.  Was asked if Robinson will be cut following today's issues, and he said they'll have to get in and discuss everything and go from there, and added, the majority of these guys are out there to play football the right way, and you have one or two guys that cause issues.  Then said, they'll have to look at the tape and see what happened and look at their options because "you have one guy" who has disrupted practice two days in a row.  I think Rhulr was also asked what KRob was trying to say to him when he came back out, and he said he didn't know, because "I just told him [assuming Fitterer] to send him inside." Yikes.

TBH, I like KRob, and I've just always got the feeling that Rhule doesn't.  Not excusing him from anything done the last two days, but he always has made plays when given the opportunities, and he just seems to be one of those guys that gives your team energy and an edge.

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

TBH, I like KRob, and I've just always got the feeling that Rhule doesn't.  Not excusing him from anything done the last two days, but he always has made plays when given the opportunities, and he just seems to be one of those guys that gives your team energy and an edge.

Those types of guys are usually the types that gives your team disastrous penalties too. To knock a guy out and stand over him in a joint practice? That might even exceed Burfict/PacMan level of dumb.

Edited by Khaki Lackey
  • Pie 7

11 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Asked about Robbie...  said they wouldn't do vet days for any guys during joint practices.  Said Robbir has a quad issue he has been playing through and just couldn't go today.  TMJ still having issues with the hamstring.  

Hamstring is new right? I thought he had a calf issue throughout OTA and TC.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Hamstring is new right? I thought he had a calf issue throughout OTA and TC.

I'll have to go back and watch it when they repost it, but to err on the side of caution, I assume it was the calf still.  Couldn't remember if it was hamstring or calf that he was dealing with, but I think he was saying it was whatever existing injury he already had, so I'll edit the OP to cite the calf injury.

13 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Those types of guys are usually the types that gives your team disastrous penalties too. To knock a guy out and stand over him in a joint practice? That might even exceed Burfict/PacMan level of dumb.

I dont know that he knocked a guy out and stood over him, and tbh, it didn't sound like Rhule knew exactly what he did either.  I believe Rhule said a Pats coach came over and told him what KRob did and so they threw him out based off that.  He said all he actually saw of it was grainy video of what he did but couldn't give a final word without them being able to go back and look at what took place.  

I was under the impression that whatever he did transpired during the melee because there were no tweets or reports of a hit from Robinson sparking anything today, at least not that I remember.  

There was a lot not to like about Ron rivera, but one of the things I did like is he generally found a good balance between letting guys express their personalities and coaching against stupid penalties.

I know that became a major emphasis after we lost that playoff game to the 49ers in part because we did some dumb things.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There was a lot not to like about Ron rivera, but one of the things I did like is he generally found a good balance between letting guys express their personalities and coaching against stupid penalties.

I know that became a major emphasis after we lost that playoff game to the 49ers in part because we did some dumb things.

I still maintain that was officiating more than anything stupid we did.  IIRC, they called Mitchell for a clean hit, and then the ref looked dead at Boldin as he committed a dead-ball personal foul and walked off.  There were multiple other examples that game, but it did not feel like we got a fair shake.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I still maintain that was officiating more than anything stupid we did.  IIRC, they called Mitchell for a clean hit, and then the ref looked dead at Boldin as he committed a dead-ball personal foul and walked off.  There were multiple other examples that game, but it did not feel like we got a fair shake.

Fair take, but Rivera blew a gasket over how we responded.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fair take, but Rivera blew a gasket over how we responded.

I get it.  The "second guy is always the one to get called" principle was in full effect, but I remember being salty about the way that game was dictated by the officials for quite awhile.  I understand a coach wanting to control what we can control, but at some point, I'm not mad at my guys for defending themselves.  That did seem to be a line we constantly had to walk under Rivera.

• Pie 1