• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Center now an area of concern?

kungfoodude

11 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

Roll with what we got so Rhule is fired sooner..

I am not really sure the personnel changes will have a dramatic impact on that, TBH.

If he is as bad as some(myself included) think, any improvements will matter little.

If he isn't as bad as some think, it could make us a more competitive team. 

I think it's a valid concern either way. Even if he is fired, it would be nice to have a better roster for the next guy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

JC Tretter was center for Bakers best season as a pro. Signing him would make way too much sense so it will never happen.

Also don’t know how much truth there is to him being blackballed but it’s kind of crazy that he’s still a free agent in august.

• Beer 1

I think that we're in a much better position than we were last season, simply because Cade Mays looked much more capable in his limited snaps during preseason than Sam Tecklenburg has looked at any point, any time, any where.

Bozeman being out for the next 2 - 3 weeks blows chunks because Rhule has really been selling the "competition" for QB + C. There's enough between Baker and Sam during these joint practices to know that Baker is the better QB and that getting him more time to get in rhythm with his WRs is absolutely vital. Pat Elflein being on the field sucks ass, but I suppose there's at least the luxury of knowing that Michael Jordan won't be a starter.

Watching Erving/Jordan/Elflein play during the preseason and look awful against back-ups gave me horrible flashbacks to last season. Ekwonu/Christensen/Bozeman/Corbett/Moton will hopefully still be the OL.

25 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

You and I have a different understanding of the word serviceable.

He actually played average at center which obviously isn’t good enough. It was when he played guard that everybody remembers him being a traffic cone. If he’s gotta spot start at center while boz heals up I think they can survive. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, RJK said:

He actually played average at center which obviously isn’t good enough. It was when he played guard that everybody remembers him being a traffic cone. If he’s gotta spot start at center while boz heals up I think they can survive. 

Well he hasn't looked average so far this offseason/preseason.

I suspect he will be a glaring weakness any time he suits up in 2022.

He’s not even a traffic cone he’s a turnstile. Letting a huge DT free run up the gut straight into your QB is recipe for disaster. If he’s our starting center we’ll see too much of Sam too early 

I’d rather roll with the rookie mayes there’s no way he’s as bad as the elf