• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Carolina Game Ever...

chknwing

My favorite game was in Clemson SC when we beat the Jets after Sam intercepted the toss and ran for a TD.  First win ever as a franchise.  What made it special was sharing it with my oldest son and my father. My son is 38 and married and my father died from Alzheimers years ago. But this was when he was still sharp and a big football fan.  There have been other great moments but you always remember your first.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

How about games when the Panthers put somebody out of the game... Career even...

Michael Irving and Deon Sanders - Both put into Charlotte Memorial Hospital that night.

Dante Culpepper.

Donovan McNabb (playoffs)

Chris Simms (If I remember correctly Jenkins busted his spleen.)

If anybody can remember more or make corrections thx.

We used to be scary.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

My favorite game was in Clemson SC when we beat the Jets after Sam intercepted the toss and ran for a TD.  First win ever as a franchise.  What made it special was sharing it with my oldest son and my father. My son is 38 and married and my father died from Alzheimers years ago. But this was when he was still sharp and a big football fan.  There have been other great moments but you always remember your first.

Sam Mills was a great man. I only briefly saw him coming out of Eddie Bauer in South Park, we briefly acknowledged each other he was gone months later. I'll always treasure that moment I saw Sam Mills in person. Glad I didn't go into geek mode.

• Pie 2

The 2015 playoffs are obviously amazing outside of the super bowl but the regular season had a bunch of gems too. Nailbiter in Seattle, ending Romo and destroying the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, Norman clinching the Saints game with an interception in the end zone, long game winning fg against Indy, shutting out the Falcons at home 38-0 I think. @MasterAwesomeand I had season tickets that year and you couldn't have asked for a more incredible home slate. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Is that the one when Kris Jenkins blocked that field goal? Didn't Pep block one that game too?

Yep craziest game I ever saw, and the Bucs had all that hype coming off their superbowl dub.  Joe Jurevicious was supposed to be the man that year, and then he got hurt.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, dave-o said:

I cant remember the year because I am old and went to so many games...  But we beat The Steelers at the end of the game to make the playoffs...  The place was rocking !!

1996. I remember that! Seared in my brain is seeing Chad Cota with the end zone interception to end the game.

My favorite will always be the 1996 playoff against the Cowboys. 75,412 fans new to the notion of NFL playoffs, rockin' like there's no tomorrow. The team came out of the locker room and ran around the stadium thanking the fans. No one wanted to leave that night.

Edited by GRWatcher
  • Pie 3

10 hours ago, dave-o said:

I cant remember the year because I am old and went to so many games...  But we beat The Steelers at the end of the game to make the playoffs...  The place was rocking !!

That was the first year at Ericcson (sp).  I was gonna post this one cause that was my first game there.

The Steelers were my team before my home city got a franchise so this one was special to me. 

Edited by T-Wazzle
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1