• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers expected to name Baker Mayfield Week 1 starter.

hepcat

6 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Well damn.  90% of the posts on here are complaining about this.  What am I going to read now.   Could’ve just waited a couple days before uncorking this and kept me entertained. 

Friggin Matt Rhule ruins everything…

It’s a Matt Rhule lead team boss.  Don’t you worry about there not being material that drives people crazy.  

The M Rhule Shyamalan twist might be Baker is the the starting….center.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

6 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Corral was the most talented to play at Ole Miss since Eli. Best QB in the SEC 2021 and arguably 2022. I think this organization is trying to convince him he's nothing but a third rounder until THEY build him back up. Which is small minded.

Same trick ownership has been playing with this fan base. Tearing it down to "build back better".  They've stumbled and flailed and operate in a very backward manor most of the time. Irrational. No building has taken place much like Rock Hill. 

Insanity? Rhule is on his third failed NFL castaway QB in 3yrs. Does that sound like somebody who knows what he's doing? How to choose a QB? Kicked Cam out called Cam back?! Now Sam gets thrown under the bus in favor of Baker. The same strategy for the last couple losing seasons, it's gotta work now! 

THE Ole Miss?? I mean there has been sooo many great QBs come out of that school since Eli, it’s hard to say. Also in 2021 Mac Jones was the best QB in the SEC. Corral is great and has a high ceiling, but he needs some time clearly….

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

Why? Sam is easily the best backup on the roster. Baker would’ve looked slightly better behind the 31st ranked oline than Sam. So slight it wouldn’t of mattered.

They need to cut PJ and stop with the BS.

Corral will never amount to more than a back up and no one is trading for Sam.

The future QB is not on the roster.

It’s hard to say how another QB would play on our team last year. Darnold is still throwing picks in practice behind this new OL. Do you think Baker is better than Tua? The reason I ask is Tua had a worse OL that us (statistically speaking) last year and played a good bit better than Darnold. 
Regardless we need to cut PJ and give Corral more reps so he can be better prepared if called in for a game. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, onmyown said:

Why? Sam is easily the best backup on the roster. Baker would’ve looked slightly better behind the 31st ranked oline than Sam. So slight it wouldn’t of mattered.

They need to cut PJ and stop with the BS.

Corral will never amount to more than a back up and no one is trading for Sam.

The future QB is not on the roster.

rachel dratch television GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Randolph Panther said:

Darnold seems to be a really good sport about this.  I really appreciate his attitude.  

He's being paid almost 19 million to ride the bench and eventually walk out the door to another opportunity. He would have to be a real douchecanoe to not have a good attitude about that.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, frankw said:

He's being paid almost 19 million to ride the bench and eventually walk out the door to another opportunity. He would have to be a real douchecanoe to not have a good attitude about that.

Yep, his next deal, if there is one is going to be the league minimum.  We made this dude and his great great grandkids very wealthy

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Matt Rhule announces open competition for the starting QB between Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield The Huddle is pissed 

Matt Rhule to announce Baker Mayfield winning QB competition The Huddle is pissed 

Matt Rhule makes love to his wife every evening while wearing her lace satin cami night dress and high heels The Huddle is pissed 

Some of them hate Matt Rhule just to hate Matt Rhule 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I'm disgusted with you all 

I feel the same way.

• Flames 1