• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where were you when...

Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

Watching the game and had already broken a stool at my house. 🤣 Probably the most exciting game we ever had. 

Had a friend who'd just bought an expensive new recliner. he watched a bowl game with his favorite college football team and in the process broke said recliner.

His wife forbade him from ever watching bowl games in their house again 😄

I was in my 2nd year of college.. but I was home for the weekend with my girlfriend (now wife).. she came from a small non-sports watching family.. she didn't understand what the hell was going on and too scared to ask questions about the game..

i  was reclining in a chair, stomach tied up in knots, like I was at the dentist for 3 hours... my face was as stoic as Ron Rivera's after a turnover.. but once X-Clown happened and I jumped up and cheered - she started asking all the questions and i was happy to answer..

now she knows everything and is a football junkie too..
awwwwweeee.......... fug outta here, lol

• Pie 1

If you've never seen it or you wanna relive it...

2003 Playoffs NFC Divisional Round

The late Tony Siragusa was on the sidelines for this one.

Dick Stockton and Daryl "Moose" Johnston were the announcers. Right before the big play, you can hear Stockton pitching the upcoming Fox lineup of "Cops" followed by "America's Most Wanted".

If you listened to Panthers radio at the time you probably recall Bill Rosinski's call of the game and the play, as well as Eugene Robinson yelling out with both excitement and relief, "It's over!" 😆

• Beer 1

I was at Bobby Hartin's Sports Grill in West Ashley. I had just about left when it looked like the Rams kicked the winning field goal (it was straight, but a yard short), but I hurried back to my table when it missed. We were jumping and hollering and high fiving all around.

23 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I was a kid coming back from a marching band competition, we got in the car once the 2nd overtime started.

Wait, your answer to the question is, "So, one time at band camp..."?

Edited by coffee

2 hours ago, coffee said:

Do you remember the horrible feeling as overtime #1 was ending and we couldn't do anything on first or 2nd down.  It just had the feeling that we were going to have to punt it back to them.

I don't even remember what down it was or what the plays were prior to X-Clown, but I remember specifically when Jake stepped back, pumped fake, and threw that ball with authority, I knew it was going to be a big play. Next thing, Agent 89 takes it all the way! I don't quite remember where I was at but I did know that I felt numb after the play...lol

Rewatched some of the old highlights. I'd forgotten that we were up by 11 with about six minutes left. Marshall Faulk put that Rams team on his back and practically willed them back to life.

Faulk, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Az Hakim...damn, that team was loaded.

Hell, I remember one analyst who predicted that weekend's games had said they'd all be close but ours. The Rams, in his words, were going to "throttle the Panthers".

If I recall correctly, the other games were the ones that wound up being blowouts, whereas ours went on to be one of the greatest playoff games in NFL history.

Moments like that are why you watch sports 😀

• Pie 1

This was during my Senior year of High School, was watching at home in the family room which was a square shaped room with a big L shaped couch that took up almost the full length of two walls.  As soon as he caught the pass and was clearly going to pull away from the DB's, I jumped up and started sprinting in circles around the couch while screaming my head off.

But that's not even my favorite memory of watching Smitty in the playoffs actually, for me it was the game in Chicago a few years later.....

A friend of mine said he knew someone getting a keg for the playoffs games that day and he asked if I wanted to go with him, partially cause he didn't have a car and I did.  So of course I put on my Smitty jersey, toss on my Panthers hat, pick him up and head over to his friends house.

As we're walking from the car to the house he goes, "oh, I should probably warn you, the guys who live here are from Chicago and all their Bears friends are coming over for the game, hope you're not mad about it."

And he wasn't kidding, there was probably 20-25 Bears fans there with only a handful of people with no rooting interest.  We had the second game that day (it was after that wild Colts/Steelers ending) and by the time our game rolled around there was already a lot of drunk Bears fans and lots of poo talking about our upcoming game.

Of course we all know what happened after that, Smitty opens the game with the long TD where he stepped over the fallen Bears DB on his way to the end zone, finished with 200+ yards and 2 TDs.  So very unexpectedly being the only Panthers fan in a sea of Bears fans to watch such an epic Smitty game, it's a memory I'll always cherish, what a day!

• Pie 1