• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule hate....

tarheelfan23

3 minutes ago, Captroop said:

The truth is there's not a single NFL head coach, who could come in and get more than 5 wins in the first two years with the team and the roster Rhule had. No offensive line. A total of 10 games out of 33 with CMAC, and starting Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold at QB. You show me any coach in the NFL who could have simply coached a team into a winning record in that situation and I'll show you a zero calorie cheesecake.

You can't. Because there isn't one.

He's contributed to improving the roster, he's replaced his college coordinators and assistants with people with real NFL experience, and he's cut out the "DBO" coaching young men nonsense. He's improved in every area you all were bitching about last year. So I guess the only solution was to move the goal posts further.

5-win seasons suck, but I'd much rather believe we have a coach trending in the right direction than wishing for him to fail.

I'm not saying I have full faith in Rhule. I am saying you all have an impossibly high standard for success, and want to speed run to another tear down and reconstruction. Because that's so fun as a fan to endure.

lol

just

lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Nick Sirianni - Playoffs year one

Cowboys - playoffs year two under McCarthy

Mike Vrabel - Playoffs in year 2 in TN

Andy Reid took the Chiefs to the postseason his first year after they finishing with a 2-14 record in 2012

Sean McDermott took the bills to the playoffs in his first year after 18 years of the bills missing the postseason

Frank Reich took his team to the playoffs in his first year as HC after not being able to even pick his own staff in 2018 and the Colts were 4-12 in 2017

Sean McVay took the rams to the playoffs year one of his tenure when the rams hadn't made it to the postseason since 2004. 

Kevin Stefanski took the Browns to the playoffs after a drought of 17 years

Matt Nagy (sucks) still took the bears to the playoffs his first year as HC with a 12-4 record after a year of 5-11

Brandon Staley in the playoff hunt year 1 of his tenure as HC of the chargers

Bruce Arians - Playoffs in year two

Riverboat Ron - Playoffs year one in the dumpster fire that is DC

Arthur Goddamn Smith has won more games in his first year with a poo roster and no offensive line than Matt fuging Rhule has in either of his first two seasons. 

Chip Kelly took the Eagles to the playoffs his first year as HC with a 10-6 record.  They were 4-12 the year before.

13 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Andy Reid took the Chiefs to the postseason his first year after they finishing with a 2-14 record in 2012

Sean McDermott took the bills to the playoffs in his first year after 18 years of the bills missing the postseason

Frank Reich took his team to the playoffs in his first year as HC after not being able to even pick his own staff in 2018 and the Colts were 4-12 in 2017

Sean McVay took the rams to the playoffs year one of his tenure when the rams hadn't made it to the postseason since 2004. 

Matt Nagy (sucks) still took the bears to the playoffs his first year as HC with a 12-4 record after a year of 5-11

Arthur Goddamn Smith has won more games in his first year with a poo roster and no offensive line than Matt fuging Rhule has in either of his first two seasons. 

If we give the guy time, like Tepper is doing, he is going to be a better coach long term than all these guys.  Who cares if he makes playoffs year 1....its all about long term sustainability 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

As much as he has fuged up, dude always learns from his mistakes and doesnt really repeat them. I'm always reminded by Chuck Noll, almost Zac Taylor, and Bill Belichick the price of throwing away a coach after 2 seasons.

Dude, that actually is a very reasonable take and great examples as 2 of the winningest coaches ever. Bill Walsh also didn't have a winning season until his 3rd year. Then the 4th year went down again and after that? Dynasty. So that's the top 3 winningest coaches of all time started slowly. 

8 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Refute me, then.

I'll bite.

All those circumstances you listed? Those were self inflicted by Rhule. 

He chose to get rid of Cam and roll with Teddy, then get rid of Teddy and roll with Darnold. 

He put the offensive line together by going out and making sure we got "versatile" guys in erving and elflein on DAY ONE of FA last year.

He forcefed CMC right after a season where he had over 400 touches.

He put together the inexperienced NFL staff that failed the past two seasons.

There are PLENTY of other head coaching candidates that could have come in and done better than what Rhule has shown thus far, because they wouldn't have done as many dumb things as Rhule has done.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

As much as he has fuged up, dude always learns from his mistakes and doesnt really repeat them. I'm always reminded by Chuck Noll, almost Zac Taylor, and Bill Belichick the price of throwing away a coach after 2 seasons.

Matt Rhule will never go to a Super Bowl as an NFL coach unless he buys a ticket.

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

How many Superb Owls is that in total among your 12 examples? 

Belichick, Walsh and Knoll have how many? Wait I need to take off my shoes. All 3 needed more than 2 seasons to even have a winning record. What's your point?

• Flames 1