• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield comment on the Browns game

Mr. Scot

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I hate the media. It wasn’t even an interview, it was a passing by exchange. I get that it’s her job but based on how she shared what happened … it wasn’t intended to be repeated by any media outlet.

Intent doesn't matter. He's been around long enough to know how his words are used against him. He's gotta be more self aware with these comments. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 3

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

That is what I LOVED about Steve Smith. He would bark all day long, and he'd back it up and then some. If Baker can do the same, he will have won me over. Right now, still very skeptical because I feel like there's some weird voodoo hex on this franchise and no matter how positive things look, the worst possible outcome seems to happen.

Even if he can back it up it paints a target on his back for "a little extra" punishment whenever a defender gets a chance to lay him out. 

In the heat of battle is different but before the game its better to keep your mouth shut until the bullets are flying. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Panthera onca said:

Some of you guys, I swear. The NFL is an alpha male sport, this is not anything to get all up in your feels about.

Nothing at all…he’s goes on and performs well we could still lose off of bad D and special teams. He plays poorly we could still win, this comment is so unimportant if you think either teams needs more motivation to win week one. Then you’ve never played sports at a real competitive level they’re paid nicely to preform I’m not worried about a man saying he wants to whip his former team azz that’s a part of the business.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Even if he can back it up it paints a target on his back for "a little extra" punishment whenever a defender gets a chance to lay him out. 

In the heat of battle is different but before the game its better to keep your mouth shut until the bullets are flying. 

I think it's what he does to fire himself and his team up.  He did it at Oklahoma all the time.  Hell he told Rhule and Baylor "You forgot who daddy is.  I'm gonna have to spank you again!" before the game and then dominated them.  Players talk poo to each other on the field all the time.  Before the game is no different IMO.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I think it's what he does to fire himself and his team up.  He did it at Oklahoma all the time.  Hell he told Rhule and Baylor "You forgot who daddy is.  I'm gonna have to spank you again!" before the game and then dominated them.  Players talk poo to each other on the field all the time.  Before the game is no different IMO.

All I can say is he better back it up.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I kinda get the impression that particular target was already there.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Intent doesn't matter. He's been around long enough to know how his words are used against him. He's gotta be more self aware with these comments. 

Self aware of what? What changes a extra late hit lol flag possible ejection. CMC not gonna be cmc bc of his Bakers feelings? Is DJ not gonna get busy as usual what about Burns Chinn and Luvu I bet they still bring the wood. Nothing changed or changes based off a bitter player looking to get back at a team he felt did him dirty recently. Those words won’t help Myles garret beat or get blocked by Ivky or Moton those worlds won’t mean a dam thing when the bullets are flying so let’s be more realistic in our point of view.

• Pie 1