• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield comment on the Browns game

Mr. Scot

I don't know if anybody actually listened to the podcast. I did and Frelund made the emotional comments also in the light of the rape accusations towards the bills rookie kicker Araiza or whatever his name is.

She told a story how she stood just  a couple feet away of him in camp, before the allegations came to light, and how that made her feel afterwards.

With that on mind and the Watson story in Cleveland I am sure she was emotional and wants Baker to F em up. That's what she told him and he agreed, but he never came to her loudmouthed with that comment. Although I am pretty sure that die burns inside of him. Which is good for the Panthers.

So that's that.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Only a few people on here were actually bothered by it.

That said, I'm gonna call bullsh-t on Baker here.

I don't doubt for a second that he said it, but he probably figured it wouldn't go anywhere.

The denial is most likely damage control, and possibly requested by the team.

You obviously know nothing about Mayfield. If he states something, he owns it and backs it up,

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

6 hours ago, Wolfman said:

You obviously know nothing about Mayfield. If he states something, he owns it and backs it up,

https://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers-de-nick-bosa-on-trash-talking-baker-mayfield-he-had-it-comin

The NFL isn't school ball. 

Closing a tab and saw this also lol

https://fansided.com/2019/12/29/baker-mayfield-talks-smack-fans/

Edited by Waldo

16 minutes ago, Waldo said:

No doubt written by a Bengals fan. Why didn't he mention the fact that Mayfield has a 6 and 1 record against the Bungles?

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

No doubt written by a Bengals fan. Why didn't he mention the fact that Mayfield has a 6 and 1 record against the Bungles?

And the other was made by a SF fan? Look at the score a little closer in that one. 

In the end your statement was factually incorrect.

35 minutes ago, rayzor said:

yeah i would appreciate the free cliff's notes as well.

I recognize the name. Jackson wrote some super critical stuff about Mayfield on his way out of Cleveland.

The gist of the article is that Jackson thinks the "f--k them up" comments are absolutely something "the old Baker Mayfield" would say, but he believes there's a new Baker Mayfield who's been humbled by being kicked out of Cleveland.

Yeah...not so sure I buy that.

To his credit, he does at least seem to believe that Mayfield will be the same guy on the field that he's always been. He's just not real clear on whether that's a good thing or not.

(he certainly didn't consider a good thing when he was with the Browns)

In any case, my current read is still that Mayfield is doing damage control because the team doesn't like having this sort of thing get out.

A lot of us don't give a sh-t. A good number of us think it's great. But from a team perspective, I can kind of understand (even if I don't agree with it).

53 minutes ago, Waldo said:

And the other was made by a SF fan? Look at the score a little closer in that one. 

In the end your statement was factually incorrect.

Fact:   In 7 games vs. the Bengals, Mayfield is 6 wins and 1 loss. His average QBR for all 7 games is 113.8. How in Hell was my statement factually incorrect??

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Wolfman said:

12 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

Fact:   In 7 games vs. the Bengals, Mayfield is 6 wins and 1 loss. His average QBR for all 7 games is 113.8. How in Hell was my statement factually incorrect??

I know you are try to focus on the Browns vs Bengals record but that wasn't the point or really relevant.