• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

23 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

1. Young 2. Stroud..............3. Levis...............................4. Richardson.

The good news is that i don't think a new coach will want to take on a long term project in Richardson. He would likely be fired before Richardson gets a start.  

Here is the thing though.  Having a guy you are actively developing will give you more leeway as a HC than actively going through retreads 

there 2 perfect examples of that this year in Matt Rhule and Frank Reich

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Here is the thing though.  Having a guy you are actively developing will give you more leeway as a HC than actively going through retreads 

there 2 perfect examples of that this year in Matt Rhule and Frank Reich

Exactly. There's two types of coaches who can afford to take on a project at QB - a new coach and a firmly entrenched coach.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Learning a 3rd offense in 3 years would probably break him.  Thats a tough ask for any qb

I know I am high on Fields compared to others here but I think him coming here with DJ and a good offensive line would more than cancel out learning a new offense. And who knows… maybe a new coach would try to poach Getsy from the Bears to help him out. 

Idk if Stroud can will a team of meh to greatness, but with above average offense around him, he's going play well almost every night. I'd be up for moving in on him and trade up. 

Think he might be the guy of the draft. I like levis's arm but eh to the results and age bit. Young is boom bust. Boom if healthy cause he sees the field well and has the arm to make the hard throws in tight spots. Bust if he gets hurt. I doubt he gets a GM fires as he likely plays middle of the road starter when healthy. AR can get a guy fired or keep a meh GM and coach around. Biggest boom bust in rnd 1.

On 1/15/2023 at 8:48 PM, chbright said:

Idk if Stroud can will a team of meh to greatness, but with above average offense around him, he's going play well almost every night. I'd be up for moving in on him and trade up. 

Think he might be the guy of the draft. I like levis's arm but eh to the results and age bit. Young is boom bust. Boom if healthy cause he sees the field well and has the arm to make the hard throws in tight spots. Bust if he gets hurt. I doubt he gets a GM fires as he likely plays middle of the road starter when healthy. AR can get a guy fired or keep a meh GM and coach around. Biggest boom bust in rnd 1.

He is a kirk cousin clone on steriods

On 1/14/2023 at 12:03 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

Learning a 3rd offense in 3 years would probably break him.  Thats a tough ask for any qb

I heard Tua speak on this. He has had 4 OC's in 3 years and mentioned that the language and concepts have differed so much each time. He also mentioned with the new concepts comes variances in pre snap reads where he may need to reset a receiver or back, or may need to adjust blocking based on defensive alignment and blitz packages. He said you can practice these things over and over, but these DC are professionals for a reason and they bring in special alignments and game plans you haven't seen yet while running that particular offense. He said that he is happy to have an offensive minded guy like McDaniel as his head coach because he looks forward to finally having continuity.

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Bryce Young's google search history be looking like..

How to add lbs in a healthy way

Should I consult a nutritionist or dietician on gaining weight

How to maintain body fat while gaining weight

How to grow one inch…

How to grow one inch in HEIGHT.