• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Return of "the emphasis"

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, Cam's New Arm said:

For anyone who took the time to watch those shitty football games, was it obvious stuff they are calling?

there a handful of calls that were very head scratching. I dont recall what game I was watching but the defense got a turnover on downs, but they called it back due to the corner brushing a WR on the other side of the field who wasnt even running a route. I thought to myself.... this is going to be a painful season.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Well they supposedly outlawed the pick/rub plays that were so popular. So perhaps this is the counter to that. 

It will be interesting to see how that shakes out this season. 

As someone who loves defense, I hated that the pick n rub was even allowed. It was such a bs tactic, but i get it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Rags said:

Concerning with a physical DB like Horn as our #1, but I don't think he got flagged this pre season.

But yeah, no, this is great. More control for the zebras. What every fan wants.

If it gets too out of hand, they will tell them to chill. They did that with the increased emphasis on OL holding during the COVID season. It was bad thr first few weeks and so the league said to chill TF out.