• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

baker is a franchise quarterback

PhillyB

24 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

We could have had a franchise Qb in year 2 of a rookie deal

We were so desperate for a QB too one fell in our laps and we took a CB. Lmao remember when people thought we got our franchise QB and franchise corner in one draft? Ahh memories.

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The jury is out folks. He's not. Move forward with that realization and stop with the damn unrealistic hopium. It's illogical. He's just like Sam, Fhules Gold.

Move on!

Coming from the only member of Carson Strong’s Fan Club and Corral is the next Aaron Rodgers, it’s hard to take you seriously when you say something is illogical.

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If Baker actually hits Shi as opposed to throwing the crucial pick, that may have changed a loss into a win. He was as much a part of this loss as anyone. 

Baker is going to have to play better. Does he have it in him? Maybe. He's going to have to prove that he's a franchise QB, just like anyone. Some of you need to raise your expectations. If we had won, it would have been an ugly win. It was not a dominant performance. Maybe Baker will have one next week.

He started off like poo, but came alive in the second half. He got them down the field twice and a lead with just over a minute left. If Rhule actually let them attempt a TD on that last drive he probably would have gotten it. The offense was finally clicking. He did this while being sacked 4 times.

If he doesn’t throw the pick we might win? Sure or if Rhule lets them go for a TD, or if our defense could get one stop once we got the lead, or if they don’t call that roughing call against Burns, or if DJax can actually cover a JAG, or if Horne wouldn’t keep holding, or if Henderson doesn’t tackle that WR while Woods is getting his INT… He did what was needed to get them the lead at the end and then was left with no chance after that FG by the Browns. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Coming from the only member of Carson Strong’s Fan Club and Corral is the next Aaron Rodgers, it’s hard to take you seriously when you say something is illogical.

Your Baker love is illogical. Accurate passers are logical. Carson Strong is better than anyone in our QB room.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

This is stupid. My thoughts on Baker and especially his play today have absolutely nothing to do with Corral. Zero! 

I'm not drinking the Baker Kool-Aid simply because you think that I should. He wasn't good enough today, and obviously the Browns (and, I don't know, maybe 30 other FOs) weren't gorging on the Baker Kool-Aid as much as you.

I said that he's going to have to play better, and that's what I mean. His career has been decidedly average. Make all the excuses you want to in the world, and it's not going to change the bottom line. If Baker doesn't show much better than he did today, then he won't be getting an opportunity to lead us anywhere next season. I'm rooting for him, but I expected better than we got today. Maybe next week.

Wow awful touchy. Must have hit a nerve. Amazing how the truth we don't want to see does that.

Just now, panthers55 said:

Wow awful touchy. Must have hit a nerve. Amazing how the truth we don't want to see does that.

Not really. Just calling it how I see it. There's nothing overly emotional about it. Buti, if it makes you feel better about your espousing strawman nonsense, then fine. 

I have gone on record of saying that Corral might be done (at least here). Such is the way that careers go when your introduction to the NFL is bungled. That being said, I hadn't thought about Corral in a couple of weeks, much less today. 

Baker having to prove himself as a legit franchise-level QB as opposed to a glorified backup shouldn't be that difficult to understand. I'm genuinely rooting for him, but he did little today to prove to me that he is still anything but a question mark.