• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL does owe the Panthers an explanation why the Brissett spike was not intentional grounding.

hepcat

22 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I'm fairly sure it is illegal to allow bets without their being public knowledge that it is a fair competition though.  I think if it is public knowledge that it's already happened then it's different.  That's how people bet on these reality shows and stuff at vegas for whatever dumb reason, but I think even if it is a private company, if they put out the illusion that it is a fair competition then it is treated differently.  I could be wrong though.

Considering we live in a country where our politicians are openly bribed, I have even less confident our sports leagues are "fair" either.

I think the NFL does all the Panthers an explanation but the NFL is going to do what they want to do. because of the lack of public outcry following this mess, mostly due to the low priority of the Panthers in the media eyes. Had this been the Cowboys or the Patriots this would’ve been on every sports new cycle.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Considering we live in a country where our politicians are openly bribed, I have even less confident our sports leagues are "fair" either.

Be that as it may, he is correct. There are plenty of federal regulations designed to keep the integrity of athletic events. For example, 18 U.S. Code § 224 deals explicitly with bribery in sporting contests. 

The only thing that isn't "fair" imo is the selective enforcement of regulations.

Unfortunately, as we have seen with Deshaun Watson and others, people seem to care less about integrity and more about entertainment.

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Be that as it may, he is correct. There are plenty of federal regulations designed to keep the integrity of athletic events. For example, 18 U.S. Code § 224 deals explicitly with bribery in sporting contests. 

The only thing that isn't "fair" imo is the selective enforcement of regulations.

Unfortunately, as we have seen with Deshaun Watson and others, people seem to care less about integrity and more about entertainment.

Just because there is a law on the books, doesn't mean it is enforced. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Just because there is a law on the books, doesn't mean it is enforced. 

6 minutes ago, Icege said:

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Were calls  atrocious , yes

Will anything change about Sunday’s result, no

bottom line, play like a well coached, hungry, not scared team, make plays, and outside influences like those calls don’t matter 

The Panthers played like poo most of the game  no one to blame but themselves 

not trying to piss people off but it is the fact of life in the NFL  

Give the refs opportunity to influence the game or score and help Vegas odds and it seems like they will …just saying from decades of observation 

If the team takes care of its business then they are a non factor 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I am curious, I haven't got to see the game again on the NFLN.....

but two refs threw the flag.  They got talked out of it.   Wonder if the footage shows if the Browns HC got in any of their ears?  

I still don't see how you don't use your timeout in that moment and make a fuss (bonus of icing the kicker)....but it potentially could of given NY or wherever time to correct the ruling on the field.  Or just given Rhule a chance to get to whoever overturned w/ a simple discussion on the rule. 

• Beer 1

On 9/11/2022 at 5:24 PM, Castavar said:

It's actually impressive that the two worst calls of the game came on the Browns final drive to win the game..................Not.

Yeah, we put ourselves in positions to lose but you have to wonder if the refs have an interest to determine the outcomes. Organized crime, gambling addiction, or maybe the NFL wants the browns in the playoff hunt.