• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL does owe the Panthers an explanation why the Brissett spike was not intentional grounding.

hepcat

2 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Yeah, we put ourselves in positions to lose but you have to wonder if the refs have an interest to determine the outcomes. Organized crime, gambling addiction, or maybe the NFL wants the browns in the playoff hunt. 

maybe one is a Panther fan.  Trying to end this debacle. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

That's how people bet on these reality shows and stuff at vegas for whatever dumb reason, 

vegas shouldn't be taking bets on pre-taped reality shows.

Live shows, like Dancing with the Stars (new season premiering next week on Disney+ 😀 ), are a different story of questionable legitimacy

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Considering we live in a country where our politicians are openly bribed, I have even less confident our sports leagues are "fair" either.

That's definitely true.  I'm just saying if there was ever a way that it could be proven then the nfl would be in huge trouble legally. 

• Pie 2

I hate when refs don't just own up to their mistakes. It would be so easy to say on the Burns roughing call "At our angle, it looked like he made forceable contact to the head or neck area. Of course on replay, we realized we made a mistake. Unfortunately we are human and we regret that mistake happened at such a critical juncture of the game." 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

I hate when refs don't just own up to their mistakes. It would be so easy to say on the Burns roughing call "At our angle, it looked like he made forceable contact to the head or neck area. Of course on replay, we realized we made a mistake. Unfortunately we are human and we regret that mistake happened at such a critical juncture of the game." 

Agreed.

Instead, they might as well have said to the fans "At our angle, he made contact with the head or neck area.  On replay, it's "inconclusive".    Yeah let's go with that.   So f*ck you all."

This will be unpopular, but other replay angles show Burnsy making contact with Jacoby's helmet. I can take that one. The fake spike was intentional grounding and you wont convince me otherwise. 10 second runoff leaves them with 3 seconds or so and they have a timeout waiting. Homeboys 58 yd FG looked like it would have been good from 70+. Call it what you want but the team Shi+ the bed for 3 quarters and never should have been in that position. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 2