• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Browns miss the last FG, everybody here is singing a different tune....

musicman

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Pimp, as I shared in this thread. 2 of the 3 plays we called in the Redzone were passing plays. The first one was a bobbled snap that would have had both Shi and CMC in isolation situations. The second play was a run play. The third play was a RPO with DJ (tripled team) as the first option and handoff to CMC second option. We didn’t just roll over.

duly noted.... guess since nothing look like a pass play I missed it...I'm planning on rewatching the game when I get a chance..

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

I have watched a replay of the game twice now (thanks NFL+) and man….. we had 2 pass plays drawn up there at the end before the field goal. That damn bobbled snap…. We would have had both shi open and CMC 1v1 against the safety. Damn it. 

the 3rd down we had an RPO drawn up but the browns triple teamed Moore. 

I just rewatch the game myself and after watching the second time it wasn’t nearly as bad as I remember it being the first time.
Most of the big runs seem to be from a few players getting blocked by pulling guards and only in few cases did Shaq Thompson, Frankie Luvu, and Jaycee Horn miss a tackle or not cover their gaps. In retrospect it just seems that the Browns had a lot of runs that got extra yardage from linebackers or defensive backs being caught in the wash from the pulling guards of the Browns.

The Browns offense reminds me of the Jeff Davidson offense when the Panthers had J stew and DeAngelo Williams as the two backs in that zone blocking scheme.

It did seem that once the Panthers offense and defense started to gel the game started showing a shift in momentum.

The last series of the Panthers did look like the final three plays were designed to produce results that may have allowed for a touchdown. If Elflein would not have snapped the ball into his leg, or for the other two the Browns being in the correct defense for what the Panthers were showing, then that may resulted in something other than a field goal. There’s no way to know obviously but it didn’t look like they were trying to avoid scoring points.

After watching the game the second time I’m not nearly as worried or concerned as I was before I watched it again. Most of the things that I saw are correctable and the mistakes were made by many of the younger players or rookies. I guess this is why Rivera didn’t like playing the younger players and preferred veterans because they were less likely to make these rookie or second year player mistakes.

Edited by Monrowed
  • Pie 4

I just feel bad for Baker,  he led the Browns to relevancy and they drop him like a bad habit to hire a criminal , and we couldn't help him get revenge, I know the loss is on him also, but he played well enough to win in the 4th,but our coaching let him down , on top of the most 1 sided refs since superbowl 50 

Remember when Stephen Davis ran the ball down the dead skins throat in his revenge game, I was hoping Baker could get the same closure 

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I just feel bad for Baker,  he led the Browns to relevancy and they drop him like a bad habit to hire a criminal , and we couldn't help him get revenge, I know the loss is on him also, but he played well enough to win in the 4th,but our coaching let him down , on top of the most 1 sided refs since superbowl 50 

Remember when Stephen Davis ran the ball down the dead skins throat in his revenge game, I was hoping Baker could get the same closure 

Baker certainly looked amped up in the beginning and anyone could tell that he was wanting to win badly as he was trying to rush things.

His second and third drop on the exchange from the center he was actually going into his drop back before he had full control of the ball.

He did look much better once he settled down but in the end it didn’t really matter and was out of his hands…

Edited by Monrowed

4 hours ago, musicman said:

Did the Baker and offense struggle for almost 3 quarters, yes.

Did the team struggle stopping the run and tackling for more than a half, yes.

Has CMC played at all this preseason? No. 

Did they put all it together and almost win it, yes. 

Missed FG and its bright spots and sunshine instead of gloom and doom.

Game 1. Let's see how they respond in NY.

But I will say the fans at the stadium were bringing the noise when it was needed. 

More than likely the majority would.  As far as the ones who truly understand the game, no.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah...it wasn't just the loss.

How absolutely terrible, uncoordinated and unprepared we looked on both sides of the ball is way more worrisome than the final score.

I mean, if you want to throw a "what if" in there, I'd be tempted to go with "what if the defense didn't lay down like a welcome mat for their running game" 🙁

Oh wiseman Mr. Scot, how true are those words? Very true.

2 hours ago, Coreyl90 said:

Missed FG or not they still gave up over 200 yards on the ground. Their last go ahead possession we watched them not even try for a TD and instead ran against a stacked box until Pinero kicked the FG. Down by 2, and Rhule only wanted 3. I would have preferred at least a shot at 6/7. No way that CLE offense was going to drive the length of the field and score a TD

I don’t know man. With an extra 90 seconds, three time outs and the refs doing their best to assist them, I think they could have gotten a TD, but I get your point, I would have wanted 7 there. According to Rhule after the botched snap, the 2nd and 3rd downs were RPOs that Baker decided to R. Supposedly.

• Beer 1