• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

YGM

ncfan

I was penciling him in as a bust the moment Hurney selected him in the second round. Same with Chinn.

Something a lot of people don't seem to want to talk about is how irrelevant Chinn actually is out there these days. No splash plays, just chasing guys down after they run past either him or everyone else.

Burns Can't finish plays. Dude would be an all-pro if he could actually tackle. 

The entire defense is filled with disappointment. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

I was penciling him in as a bust the moment Hurney selected him in the second round. Same with Chinn.

Something a lot of people don't seem to want to talk about is how irrelevant Chinn actually is out there these days. No splash plays, just chasing guys down after they run past either him or everyone else.

The coaching staff has completely neutered Chinn. I forgot he was even on the team. His rookie year, and yes he was robbed of ROY, seems like decades ago. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Not sure if I'm 100% right but if my memory bank is somewhat correct ...YGM was a highly rated prospect coming out...only favored by Chaisson and Chase Young. Pretty sure there were a few predicting he might have even been a late first rounder. We got him in the 2nd..top 100. He has the size but although he did get to QB at Penn State he was probably graded better as a run defender...as was Derrick Brown which is even more frustrating considering our situation. 

He's definitely underperforming, from my expectations anyway. Hopefully his increased playing time will translate to better numbers as he progresses. 

The more I look at the line... the more I shake my head..

Burns(1st)-  Ioannidis(5th)  - Brown (1st) - YGM (2nd)

That's alot of draft capital. Returns aren't satisfying. Furthermore...

Thompson (1st) - Wilson (4th) - Luvu (UDFA)

Horn(1st)/Henderson(1st) - Jackson(2nd)

Chinn (2nd)- Woods (6th)

I will say Woods and Chinn make a great tandem. But hopefully YGM hasn't reached his peak. Definitely a huge dropoff from Reddick. 

3 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Not sure if I'm 100% right but if my memory bank is somewhat correct ...YGM was a highly rated prospect coming out...only favored by Chaisson and Chase Young. Pretty sure there were a few predicting he might have even been a late first rounder. We got him in the 2nd..top 100. He has the size but although he did get to QB at Penn State he was probably graded better as a run defender...as was Derrick Brown which is even more frustrating considering our situation. 

He's definitely underperforming, from my expectations anyway. Hopefully his increased playing time will translate to better numbers as he progresses. 

The more I look at the line... the more I shake my head..

Burns(1st)-  Ioannidis(5th)  - Brown (1st) - YGM (2nd)

That's alot of draft capital. Returns aren't satisfying. Furthermore...

Thompson (1st) - Wilson (4th) - Luvu (UDFA)

Horn(1st)/Henderson(1st) - Jackson(2nd)

Chinn (2nd)- Woods (6th)

I will say Woods and Chinn make a great tandem. But hopefully YGM hasn't reached his peak. Definitely a huge dropoff from Reddick. 

Good stuff here. also, to be fair to the players we are in year 3 of a sinking ship and the coaching staff is so bad that I can’t help but wonder what would happen to YGM, Brown, etc if some real coaches came in 

38 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Chinn's effectiveness went way down when he was switched to full time safety.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1