• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bad Bonds: The failed Panthers-Rock Hill project had major questions from the start

Tbe

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

One would think that would be the case.  But when the only thing that matters is whether they have a D or R after their name this is what you get.  It's been that way all my life.

^^THIS^^!!

Jon Snow IMHO you win the interwebz today.

• Beer 2

19 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

One would think that would be the case.  But when the only thing that matters is whether they have a D or R after their name this is what you get.  It's been that way all my life.

Citizenry needs to be more educated, and need to vote.  We have a major problem with that in US politics.

That said, I'll stand by my thoughts of local politicians staying the hell away from pro teams and Billionaires with endless lines of attorneys.

The people always lose.

36 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

"Low information voters"

My Dad could have been called one of those, though the more correct term probably would have been "didn't give a sh-t" voters. He just went into the voting booth and punched a straight ticket every single time.

Funny thing was my sister would go in and do the same for the opposite party so I guess they canceled each other out 😄

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

My Dad could have been called one of those, though the more correct term probably would have been "didn't give a sh-t" voters. He just went into the voting booth and punched a straight ticket every single time.

Funny thing was my sister would go in and do the same for the opposite party so I guess they canceled each other out 😄

For someone who really really enjoys local, national, and world political stuff, it's hard for me to imagine that people actually do this.

That said, I'm sure about 75% do.  We don't teach enough history nor civics these days.