• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great offensive breakdown

TheCasillas

9 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

After being able to see tape on our offense from Sunday… I’m not as skeptical as I was watching it live. The missed snaps were a huge factor on some key plays and a couple of flags.

this video does an amazing job of breaking down every play. You can see what our game plan was, we just missed it on the field. Also snagged a dope screenshot of Tremble absolutely destroying Garret.

5C3EA19D-EDF2-4A23-9628-90DF7D68AF24.png

BA562DB2-6664-4E1B-AE24-82CF432F3B7D.png

Found this yesterday on YouTube outstanding breakdown let's hope he does a defensive breakdown 

• Pie 1

My takeaways from the offense All-22:

• Pass protection was better than I expected.  Some inconsistency, particularly on Icky's part with getting beat outside, but he was a rookie go against Myles Garrett, so that's I won't be overly critical of his peformance.  For all the talk that we gave him help, I don't really feel that is the case.  Sure we had a TE or RB lined up on his side a lot when facing Garrett, but I feel like often times, those players didn't actually double team or even throw a chip.
  • Struggles in the passing game were a combination of lack of chemistry between Baker and the WRs (miscommunication with the hot route on the interception), Baker missing his reads and/or scrambling from the pocket when he didn't need to, and the spillover effect of not being able to run the ball effectively against light boxes (see below).
  • Run blocking was terrible.  Some of this probably comes down to execution (e.g. interior linemen not getting close enough together on double teams and allowing the defensive linemen to split them and get into the backfield to blow up the play), but I think a lot of it comes down to scheme.  The Browns were playing light in the box on a lot of our running plays and I saw a lot of instances where our scheme left guys from the edge completely unblocked and allowed them to slice behind our line and run down our back from the side before we could make any gains.  I understand running away from unblocked players, but you've got to set up the runs in such a way that the unblocked player can't make a play.  And if that's not working, then trust your guys up front to win their matchup and use your numbers advantage to block the edge guy instead of double teaming.

As for the defense, I don't know for sure if it's more scheme or more personnel, but I feel like scheme has more to do with it than execution on the players' parts.  I've linked two Brett Kollmann videos from last year. The first was created after Week 3 last year and broke down why we had been so tough to run against in the first three games.  We were able to stop the run by using a lot of 3-4 over fronts where the nose tackle is tilted toward the center and a 4i technique weak side DE that used a concept called "gap stealing," and those choices often allowed us to play the run using relatively light boxes out of a nickel base defense. The second video was uploaded after Week 4 when we gave up 250 yards to Dallas.  It explains that Dallas used heavy personnel to combat our base defense and we refused to exit our nickel defense.  Also maddeningly, we didn't attack their runs with the same fronts that had been successful in the past three games but just one time.  I didn't really pay close attention the remainder of the season, but my intuition is that other teams took notice of that and used the Dallas tape to scheme against how we play the run, but that a lot of it basically just comes down to our scheme not providing for proper gap integrity. And it's on our coaches to readjust.

Edited by woahfraze
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

After being able to see tape on our offense from Sunday… I’m not as skeptical as I was watching it live. The missed snaps were a huge factor on some key plays and a couple of flags.

this video does an amazing job of breaking down every play. You can see what our game plan was, we just missed it on the field. Also snagged a dope screenshot of Tremble absolutely destroying Garret.

5C3EA19D-EDF2-4A23-9628-90DF7D68AF24.png

BA562DB2-6664-4E1B-AE24-82CF432F3B7D.png

After watching this I feel much better about the o-line. If Baker can keep his feet still then this offense will be great. All the pieces are there. Lets hope the powers that be can put it all together

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not necessarily a fan.

If we were to go defense, I'd be more inclined to go with Don Martindale.

Is it me or theres no longer "hot" coaching names? 

If Rhule gets canned I feel teeper will go the re-tread route.....the pricey.

I finally broke down and hit the search engine=

Raheem Morris, he is one of the rarest coaches out there. Already been a HC and still "young". Coached dam near everything on both sides. Been with the big brained Mccvay for years. Turned around the struggling rams D with a bunch of no-names, 99, and Ramsey. 

Matt Eberflus is another, indy has been a top 10 D for years and no body knows. 

Kellen Moore- fits the young model. Panthers are running most of his stuff already. No idea if he could hire a legit staff.....

I will say this, like when John Fox got here and looked at the tape.....He saw softness and #1 thing he did was toughen the men up.......2021 was ALL soft and the first game of 2022 - S-O-F-T

hire a proven strength coach too, fug this weak poo...

Guy fluffed Rhule in college and been following him around and alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I see is weak players.

Edited by Basbear

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

If Rhule gets canned I feel teeper will go the re-tread route.....the pricey.

I finally broke down and hit the search engine=

Raheem Morris, he is one of the rarest coaches out there. Already been a HC and still "young". Coached dam near everything on both sides. Been with the big brained Mccvay for years. Turned around the struggling rams D with a bunch of no-names, 99, and Ramsey.

Matt Eberflus is another, indy has been a top 10 D for years and no body knows.

Kellen Moore- fits the young model. Panthers are running most of his stuff already. No idea if he could hire a legit staff.....

I will say this, like when John Fox got here and looked at the tape.....He saw softness and #1 thing he did was toughen the men up.......2021 was ALL soft and the first game of 2022 - S-O-F-T

hire a proven strength coach too, fug this weak poo...

Guy fluffed Rhule in college and been following him around and alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I see is weak players.

Eberflus is head coach of the Bears.

Moore's name has been hot, but more performances like this past Sunday night might take that away.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Part of me thinks It’s because it’s early in the season but also because there was so much turnover in coaching last year that there isn’t much focus on it right now.

Right now the only two teams that are more than likely looking at new coaches are us and Dallas but that will probably change as the weeks go on.

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Part of me thinks It’s because it’s early in the season but also because there was so much turnover in coaching last year that there isn’t much focus on it right now.

Right now the only two teams that are more than likely looking at new coaches are us and Dallas but that will probably change as the weeks go on.

There are names, but he's right that there aren't as many "exciting" names. Probably as much as anything it's that so many good candidates got hired last offseason.