• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule says the Panthers averaged 7.7 yards per play the last 35 minutes of the game; adds that would've been 3rd in the league last week.

Julio

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

I dont exactly understand why this line is blowing up like it is.  We started slow and we ended fast.   I think it's a good thing to look at all the stats to help figure out what works and doesnt or strengths and weaknesses with the roster.   The only thing I take as a negative is since we were moving the ball so well why we played for a fg instead of a touchdown.  I was telling my friend as it was happening that we had to safely play for the TD.  With a new kicker and the time left if we made it and them being able to win with a fg, in the moment I hated playing for the fg instead of td as much as I did after it backfired.

It blew up because as the saying goes ‘you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig’

the problems for for Rhule 

1. He has lost 8 straight and hasn’t won at home in a year 

2. He is 10 and 24 in his three years 

3. His teams always look unprepared 

that’s a lot of pigs with a lot of lipstick 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, davos said:

He's saying real time minutes; which is the stupidest thing to possibly chart.  What's the actual game time? Starting from the 75 yard TD to the games end?

No he's not. 

It's the final 5 minutes of the 2nd qtr (TD drive before the half) and the entire second half. 

That's the 35 minutes. We scored on 4/5 possessions and TDs on 3 of them. 

It's the same thing that has been pointed out here several times. Once the offense got the rust/nerves whatever the hell was going on for for the first 1.5 quarters they looked really really good. Good enough that there is reason to think they can build on that. 

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

No he's not. 

It's the final 5 minutes of the 2nd qtr (TD drive before the half) and the entire second half. 

That's the 35 minutes. We scored on 4/5 possessions and TDs on 3 of them. 

It's the same thing that has been pointed out here several times. Once the offense got the rust/nerves whatever the hell was going on for for the first 1.5 quarters they looked really really good. Good enough that there is reason to think they can build on that. 

I was listening to Sirius XM and I think it was Bill Polian that also brought up a fact about the turn around we had in the 2nd half.  He wasn't trying to oversell it but...

We likely had an advantage this past week vs the Browns that showed itself in the 2nd half that we won't have working for us this weekend.   

One factor in the turnaround was the Browns D slowed down in part because of the Carolina weather wearing on them. 

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

To me, it's time to prove it on Sunday, because last week looked the same or worse than last year. I hope they bounce back because idk how much I can watch if it's like the first half every game.

• Beer 1

I wish we would just ditch the RPO and just play smashmouth run ball with playaction. It only seemed to work as the Browns got gassed and sloppy towards the half. Not sure that is great considering the heat will go away and teams will tighten up.

ENr_Qg6UEAMz9k9.png.5d700b59a0acefecf64031bef638412c.png

Rhule is literally runing the team like a school program on both sides. Doesn't look like he learned anything and is just reverting to what worked to get him overpaid.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, dynomite said:

Ya I think rhule is a failure but some of the people here are super bad faith when taking about him. Dude could cure cancer and people on here would make it a negative. He never said anything about raising a banner

People don't like him because he doesn't know how to coach a winning NFL team.

If he won, he wouldn't be hated as he is.

Not sure why this is so damn hard to comprehend.

It's not about fugging curing cancer, which if he did he'd be a hero....but that's not what he's doing. If he cured cancer but still couldn't coach a winning NFL team he'd still be a bad coach who cured cancer on the side. A success and a hero in the medical world, but a bad NFL coach and should be fired because of that.

And this is probably the most ridiculous point I've ever had to make in here so thank you.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

To me, it's time to prove it on Sunday, because last week looked the same or worse than last year. I hope they bounce back because idk how much I can watch if it's like the first half every game.

You thought it looked worse than last year? 

No disrespect man but did you watch our games last year? The wheels got stuck in the mud for a quarter and a half on Sunday and we STILL scored as many or more points than we did in THIRTEEN of our games last year. 

I agree with you though - no matter how many points the offense scored, the result was the same and we're all left wondering "what if." It's time to put up or gtfo town for Rhule.

1 hour ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Unless they start by looking slow and unprepared all over again...

42 minutes ago, rayzor said:

People don't like him because he doesn't know how to coach a winning NFL team.

If he win, he wouldn't be hated as he is.

Not sure why this is so damn hard to comprehend.

It's not about fugging curing cancer, which if he did he'd be a hero....but that's not what he's doing. If he cured cancer but still couldn't coach a winning NFL team he'd still be a bad coach who cured cancer on the side. A success and a hero in the medical world, but a bad NFL coach and should be fired because of that.

And this is probably the most ridiculous point I've ever had to make in here so thank you.

Pretty much...

If you can coach a team to consistently win, you can come out in your pressers and say the dumbest sh-t imaginable and nobody will care. People will probably just laugh it off as "coachspeak".

If the team isn't winning, but you at least sound like you have half a clue what you're talking about when you speak to the media, people will give you the benefit of a doubt (for a little while, at least).

If you're not winning, and you sound like either a clueless dumbass or a double-talking con man at your pressers, you're gonna get buried...and deserve it.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

First half? Hell yes!

That first half performance was as bad as anything I've seen in a decade.

That first half was definitely not good. I would agree that I would even characterize it as bad, but can we quit with the revisionist history and hyperbolic statements? 

Half this sub is complaining about Rhule cherry picking stats you literally just did the exact same thing by only including the first half.

Giants game last year. 
Bucs game last year. 
Pats game last year. 

That's 3 games where in the entire 60 minutes we scored less than we did in the 1st half Sunday, 3 games were we had the poo kicked out of us and watched the team quit on the sideline. 3 games where we scored less in an entire game than we did the first half on Sunday.

That's just in Rhule's tenure - do we really want to dive into the record books and look at the other 7 years - especially the games without Cam? Specifically the end of 2019 after Ron got fired? Against the Colts with Grier? Against the Saints?

I get it - I want to win as much as anybody but how would you have answered the question? He was specifically asked what positives he saw on offense. He prefaced this with a whole tirade about how it took too long to get the offense moving, whether it was the ball getting put on the turf, explosive plays getting called back on penalty or someone lining up wrong - he mentioned all of that. Then he says once they got in the groove he saw the explosiveness the know they have. 

• Pie 2