• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has David Tepper been humbled?

NAS

2 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Worst case scenario is an 7-8 win season where we miss the playoffs but where Tepper can point to "progress" and keep Rhule for another year. Meanwhile we're not picking high enough to draft a franchise QB.

If this team wins 7 or 8  games then we have a QB. Baker will have to drag this game planning to a win. 

2 hours ago, NAS said:

He made his billions making bold bets and feeling like the smartest man in the board room.  Now that he's fallen on his face with the Matt Rhule hire, one can only hope that he's learned his lesson as an NFL owner.  Throwing a 7 year highest paid contract at an unproven coach was just stupid and embarrassing.  He needs to cut his losses, eat humble pie, and acknowledge that he failed.  Maybe then we'll cut him a break and get behind him as he tries to find a real head coach. 

Well put.  I think rules money is guaranteed.  If it is, rule has no incentive to win.  He'll thake the money and run and be happy.   Probably wont think of football again.  

Tepper reminds me of a rich brat that plays around with money just to jerk a string or two and mom and dad(his bank account) will save him.

All I know is I went to bed one night with Rivera. Cam. Luke 

I woke up the next with Bridgewater and then Darnold,  Rhule  and his assorted sycophant players and coaches from his  college days…none btw were overwhelming at Div 1 level 

oh  yeah, and later, an owner willing to chase Watson.   The old owner chased women in the office and the new one chased a sex offender 

it’s like this franchise is in nfl purgatory. Somebody had to be the new Jets or Browns and apparently it’s the Panthers 

It is really a shame. This past Sunday was the latest in the ‘new starts’  on the home field and nothing changed     The crowd was so hyped for Baker and then the game started. We know the rest 

Sadly, the Panthers have become the ‘other team’s highlight reel’ … their ‘get well game’. The team that can’t win at home 

it all makes me very sad because it’s unnecessary.  This team may win on Sunday but I will tell your their HC in his first year is 100 times smarter than Rhule and as HCs may not win games, they sure can lose them

watching those two teams last night should show everyone how far this team is away from being an average nfl team. Hopefully Tepper saw it too.

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 2

In all honesty as much as we here call Tepper a failure and say he is the worst owner in the NFL (btw majority of fan bases say this about their owner if they are not winning) I dont think he or people around him the league see him as a failing owner. 

I doubt he is humbled, maybe stressed bc we dont have a winning product on the field, but not humbled. I dont even know if an NFL owner can be humbled... that just seems like an oxymoron. 

• Pie 1

Maybe Tepper is the type of owner that is willing to give someone a shot to see if they fit the position but if they don't he needs to sit back and rethink the situation and do what is right for this organization. Tepper needs to keep an eye on any decent HC prospects that become available and bring them in for that position. Only thing is many will will get the offer to be our teams HC and stay away from us because of our record the past few years and want a winning team to be part of.

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

In all honesty as much as we here call Tepper a failure and say he is the worst owner in the NFL (btw majority of fan bases say this about their owner if they are not winning) I dont think he or people around him the league see him as a failing owner. 

I doubt he is humbled, maybe stressed bc we dont have a winning product on the field, but not humbled. I dont even know if an NFL owner can be humbled... that just seems like an oxymoron. 

I agree, I don't think he is humbled.  But he has admitted that he was wrong about a lot early on when he arrived.  Make of that whatever you want I guess. 

Only thing I would disagree with is NFL front offices around the league.  I do think they view him as a failure to date in regards to football.   Can say that about others too like the Khan.   They don't give a poo about soccer, Garth Brooks, where he made his money because that isn't the conversation.  Think clusterfug was what Person said people called the Panther org.   Which isn't much of a hot take if you look at the Panther org since he took over. 

2 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Maybe Tepper is the type of owner that is willing to give someone a shot to see if they fit the position but if they don't he needs to sit back and rethink the situation and do what is right for this organization. Tepper needs to keep an eye on any decent HC prospects that become available and bring them in for that position. Only thing is many will will get the offer to be our teams HC and stay away from us because of our record the past few years and want a winning team to be part of.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

reporting last year said Tepper was already thinking about the next hire and prospects. 

there are only 32 of these jobs in the entire world.  We can go 0-17 and still find a decent head coach. 

look at the Jags.  They are a shitshow.  They just got a decent HC off the Urban debacle.  I mean, he is a retread but a good coach.  

• Beer 1