• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule defenders chime in here

Zod

51 minutes ago, parker said:

For god's sake if the hot dog vendor gave someone a undercooked dog, they'd be blaming that on Rhule too. 

i see people post poo like this often. last week it was "if he cured cancer people would still hate him."

what i want to know is where is the ridiculously unfair criticism that supposed level headed fans see so much of? 

people dislike him as a coach because he doesn't know how to win on the pro level and barely had it figured out on the college level and even then never saw any sustained success. 

so again....these unfair criticisms, if people are actually doing it enough that you and others feel the need to call it out, please share..... i'll be waiting.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Keep Pounding said:

Rome wasn't built in a day... the team was trash when he took over, takes a few years to rebuild. 

All of our other HCs won more than 5 games in their first two seasons, two of them went deep in the playoffs in just their second year.  The biggest difference?  None of them were college coaches.  So no it doesn't take an several years to rebuild a team.  It can be done with the right individuals in a short amount of time.

• Pie 2

I said in another thread, there is no excuse for this team not being able to beat either the Brown or the Giants. If we were 1-and-1 I'd be willing to overlook a lot. But to be 0-2 in the part of the season where we needed to drum up our wins shows a profound lack of urgency. At this point, I care as much about Rhule's tenure as he seems to care about Winning. 

I'm literally never this guy. Ever. I ordinarily would never consider saying this in week 2. But this is where I'm at:

Fire Rhule. Let's put in an interim HC for the remaining 15 games. Maybe we'll be a lot worse, but there's a remote chance we'll be better and that's more than I can say about the team with Rhule at the helm. 

People are like, Rhule should go down with the ship, and I honestly don't feel like he deserves the honor (or dubious distinction) of being an NFL head coach.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Captroop said:

I said in another thread, there is no excuse for this team not being able to beat either the Brown or the Giants. If we were 1-and-1 I'd be willing to overlook a lot. But to be 0-2 in the part of the season where we needed to drum up our wins shows a profound lack of urgency. At this point, I care as much about Rhule's tenure as he seems to care about Winning. 

I'm literally never this guy. Ever. I ordinarily would never consider saying this in week 2. But this is where I'm at:

Fire Rhule. Let's put in an interim HC for the remaining 15 games. Maybe we'll be a lot worse, but there's a remote chance we'll be better and that's more than I can say about the team with Rhule at the helm. 

People are like, Rhule should go down with the ship, and I honestly don't feel like he deserves the honor (or dubious distinction) of being an NFL head coach.

Worked for the Dolphins and Dan Campbell in 2015 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

If I were the owner, I would keep Matt Rhule around for the remainder of this year just to understand what (and not who) is causing the failures. If I were going to hire the next coach, then I would like to identify the traits or habits of those that are similar and could lead to the same result that caused the current regime to not succeed. 

7 minutes ago, Keep Pounding said:

Rome wasn't built in a day... the team was trash when he took over, takes a few years to rebuild. 

no it doesn't. we've seen several teams recently that go from top 5 pick to top 5 teams within a couple years. a coach that knows what he's doing doesn't need more than a couple seasons. 

if it takes more than 3, you've got the wrong coach.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Not defending him by any means but I guess one positive is at least we've been close in these two games. I'm sure the blowouts will start coming soon but for now at least we aren't looking completely outclassed. 10-25 is pretty damn indefensible tbh.

Close losses with spurts of looking good would have probably worked in year one (maybe it did). In year three, expectations are going to be higher.