• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule defenders chime in here

Zod

18 minutes ago, Keep Pounding said:

Rome wasn't built in a day... the team was trash when he took over, takes a few years to rebuild. 

They ruined their own narrative in that regard will two years of "win now" moves.

They didn't believe that and they never believed that.

It's also not reality. It doesn't take that long to build a winning NFL team.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

If I were the owner, I would keep Matt Rhule around for the remainder of this year just to understand what (and not who) is causing the failures. If I were going to hire the next coach, then I would like to identify the traits or habits of those that are similar and could lead to the same result that caused the current regime to not succeed. 

Good one! 

16 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Tepper kept Rhule a year too long. We could all see last season that no progress had been made.

We could also see no plan was really in place and they're just winging it when it comes to QB, offensive philosophy, & identity.  The QB shuffle we've done has been the most revealing about this regime and how they're just throwing darts and seeing what sticks.  Cannot wait for a high draft pick and a fresh coach next year.  It will feel like we all just finally got a massive dump out of our system and showered.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

They ruined their own narrative in that regard will two years of "win now" moves.

They didn't believe that and they never believed that.

It's also not reality. It doesn't take that long to build a winning NFL team.

I felt like the staff was more surprised than anyone when we were sitting at 3-0 and they were like, let's make a move to solidify this "playoff' team that just beat the Jets (barely), Covid Saints, & Texans.  Then the wheels came off.  They were so proud for like a week lol.

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

WOW

Trevorlaurencetime

Poundway

Saddle up boys, lets hear it

Theres no defense.  Rhule sucked again this week.   The offense was anemic. That  Chuba's  last years performance and then preseason this year, showed that he is not an NFL running back. His insistence on ever putting Chuba on the field is dumbfounding.   Rhule's arrogance on his ability to develop bad players will play a big part in his undoing.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 5

7 minutes ago, davos said:

I felt like the staff was more surprised than anyone when we were sitting at 3-0 and they were like, let's make a move to solidify this "playoff' team that just beat the Jets (barely), Covid Saints, & Texans.  Then the wheels came off.  They were so proud for like a week lol.

they weren't just proud. they were talking about being a for sure playoff team and they were getting things lined up for a playoff run. it went straight up to their heads so fast it lifted their feet off the ground.

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

I think they both share equal ire. Rhule for his inability to game plan and manage a game, and Tepper for actually hiring Rhule and not getting rid of him by now. 

I have always since before his hiring been against Rhule. One could make the case he tried, I just don’t think he has the chops for the NFL. That or he’s so far around Snow’s figure he hasn’t been able to grow himself. 

What is Rhule's thing? Most NFL head coaches have a thing whether it's running backs (Daboll), defensive scheme (Buffalo, Washington, Seattle), Offense (Green Bay, Denver, Los Angeles). Like what is his thing? As far as I can tell he doesn't have a thing that he's actually good at so he doesn't full understand the game and how to manage it.