• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Tepper did move the team....

Jmac

Just now, Pimpdaddy said:

teppers a prick and his only allegiance is to money...

Most NFL owners are probably "pricks as you say. I've heard over the years : Bears fans ": the McCaskey's are pricks, Charger fans: "the Spanos's are pricks", Cards fans: "the Bidwell's are pricks"...do we see a pattern here?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

It would be the best thing Tepper ever did for the NFL in the Carolinas. Is the old St Louis Rams dome still up?

St. Louis is dying economically speaking. They've lost two NFL teams already. Try again..

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/wake-up-call-st-louis-faces-dimming-prospects-absent-new-efforts-to-draw-population/article_d309a2a3-bdd4-50ce-89b2-f84cdf581c84.html

22 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd just go back to being a general NFL fan like I was prior to the Panthers drafting Peppers. Hell, Tepper is trying very hard to make me do that already.

Let's be honest, we're all basically just hanging around for nostalgia reasons as is. Tepper hasn't given us anything to cheer for while trying to hard to kill off established Panthers traditions.

Yea football is great the shitty ass Panthers isn't ruining that for me. Lots of good/fun players and teams to watch. Others may even actually know a lot more if they actually did watch lol....matter of fact they really should if for no other reason to see how other players are compared to the HOFers they put in based on some practices. And how other coaches do when they keep saying Rhule is any good

23 hours ago, 4Corners said:

JMac?

more like JWhack

if he moved the team my fandom of the Panthers would leave as well. I dropped the Hornets like a bad habit when they moved and they were might first love besides the Toronto Blue Jays 

@4Cornerswe need to be friends… my first love was the Blue Jays too. Born in Toronto… but my family moved to Charlotte when I was a little kid.

Blue Jays

Maple Leafs

Panthers

Hornets

I thought I was the only one…. 🍻

———————-

when the Hornets moved, it upset me so much I became anti-Hornets. And of course they move and got (NC native) Chris Paul right away and then end up with Anthony Davis, the Charlotte Hornets haven’t been that fortunate since… the B*bcat years were tough to say the least.

What do I know, but I honestly could see Tepper moving the Panthers some day. His ego just screams an owner that would move over a new stadium dispute. He has said before too that Charlotte is the perfect home for the Panthers “in Carolina”, to me that might mean it’s in the back of his mind that he could move them out of the Carolinas. He jumps ship on players faster than a Kardashian. He already bailed on the Rock Hill project. He’s just a lot of talk and in the end is a big ego’d billionaire with no NC-ties. Luckily Los Angeles has 2 teams now, there aren’t many places out there that would be better fit than Charlotte. St. Louis? San Antonio? Ehhh

I just wish the NFL didn’t give the Panthers to Tepper to begin with. He’s a joke… and unfortunately I see the Panthers becoming a perennial chump under his reign.

If the Panthers were to move one day (which I would absolutely hate) , I’d just throw all of my allegiances back to the Buffalo Bills like it was before the Panthers came to be in 1995. But I hate this conversation!!!

if you’re reading this Tepp, just fire Rhule … throw all the cash at Sean Payton and draft one of those top QBs next draft. And then your chump status will be lifted! I hope for the best but damn it’s bad right now.

Edited by panthersphan

23 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

This isn't even the real Panthers anymore. It's a dime store knock-off. Send 'em somewhere else and put the Carolinas out of its misery.

I would prefer to have the Hornets over the Panthers if I had to pick, anyway. The Panthers peaked with Cam and Luke. They'll never be good again here. No sense in wasting the city's time for a few more years. Get the hell out, and never come back.

The hornets haven't had nearly the success of the panthers... let's stop that nonsense right now.  How many conference titles does the hornets have despite being around longer? How many finals appearances? 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

I disagree.  NFL owners are in a world of their own. It's about their egos.  So if someone from , say St Louis comes knocking, giving Tepper even more money to move the team  ,, ( See the gypsy team of the NFL, the Raiders )   I could see him doing it.  He's not married to Charlotte like Richardson was.  St Louis, Charlotte, what does he care. 

You aren’t hearing what I’m saying, the NFL isn’t going to abandon the 9th Largest market in the United States when they have 32 teams.

Panthers aren’t going anywhere. If the market was capped at individual city sizes they would have never left St. Louis. in general they base it off population and the amount of teams in area within 4 hours drive.