• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great Podcast with Jonathan Stewart

d-dave

When the same mistakes happen, year after year, and sometimes it’s the same player, that is on coaching or lack thereof 

Case in point, Chubba has had ‘hands of stone’  since college..lol all the players on the team, he is the one to do kickoffs ?  Come on man   Just like throwing to him out of the backfield  he is nit a complete back and it is doubtful any other team would pick him up.

look at the results of this coach’s drafts ..they are not  great

go look at the top 15 teams  and how they play vs this team….

I believe what my eyes have shown me for starting year 3

not to worry, this schedule will flush it out, probably after the Tampa game, the jury will be in. 

The coaches evaluate the talent and the game plan for each week. It's up to the players to execute that game plan to the best of their ability. But if the game plan sucks to begin with, not to mention the talent level of the players being put out there by the coaches to execute said plan is severely lacking, then well, you're gonna have a bad time.

Edited by Burnout189

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

We talking about Chuba fumbling? because that is on Matt Rhule

Chuba shouldn’t be on the team. He adds no value yet he’s still here. Chuba showed during the pre season he still can’t catch a football so him fumbling a kickoff should surprise no one. 

Then to trot him back out there after he fumbled and have him nearly do it again? Yeah that’s on the coaching staff

He nearly had 2 fumbles.  I am guessing he had about 4 touches, and 2 of them ended up on the ground.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He nearly had 2 fumbles.  I am guessing he had about 4 touches, and 2 of them ended up on the ground.

Chuba shouldn’t be on the team. He adds no value yet he’s still here. Chuba showed during the pre season he still can’t catch a football so him fumbling a kickoff should surprise no one. 

Then to trot him back out there after he fumbled and have him nearly do it again? Yeah that’s on the coaching staff

He shouldn’t be back there regardless. Actually, yeah he shouldn’t be on the team.

Remember that deep kick he brought out late in the game vs CLE?

• Flames 1

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say, Chuba should have been cut after the PS, and we should have signed a FA as they are not expensive. 

When we talk about fumbles, missed blocks, dropped passes etc. we have to look at the decisions the COACH makes with the personnel...

We split reps with Ickey our 1st round selection number 6 overall with BC and WASTED reps in camp to help speed up his development...why? A 3rd rounder in BC was never going to be him out. 

We split reps with Baker / Sam, again NO ONE though Sam was going to win, you don't trade for Baker to sit him, so why did we waste those reps. 

The only other person we really have that's decent at returns is Shi, they had him out there for punts, but not KR, why?

We trade for Shenault, we draft TMJ in round 2, we signed a WR that has years of rapport with Baker, and yet we are force feeding Shi Smith....I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, but this is the deepest we've ever been at WR, why are we NOT taking advantage of that?

So while I agree with players have to execute, coaches have to 1) have a plan that CAN be executed, and 2) they have to put the players in the best position / environment to execute. 

To me that is what Rhule has failed at since his time here began, overall we have the same issues we had back in 2020, even with an improved roster. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3