• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker through 2 games

ncfan

8 minutes ago, panthersgreenville said:

If (when) we lose to the saints, bet anything he is starting the following Sunday.

Even if he is he has no future here the front office could not have made that more clear. We have acquired three veteran quarterbacks in Teddy Sam and now Baker. If we strike out with Mayfield this staff is likely out and next year we will in all likelihood be looking heavily at drafting another one. We can't just keep throwing poo at the wall with these veteran leftovers hoping to find a diamond in the rough.

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

Lots of plays like this. I mentioned in GDT that a lot of McAdoo’s concept BS leaves Mayfield with nowhere to go with the ball

We could’ve draft Justin Herbert and we’d be wanting an upgrade at QB

Rhule needs to go.

Only McAdoo was willing to accept this job because no one else was dumb enough to take it

@top dawg where those open for years WRs at? I see LOTS of plays like this... WRs running simple routes straight to defenders and just sitting. 

• Beer 1

Since Rhule came here, he's had four first round draft pick QBs (two of them #1 draft picks, and another in the top 5) and two Heisman trophy winners at the position. All of them had multiple years of experience, three of them with playoff experience and one was a Super Bowl starting QB.

None of them could be effectively utilitzed, or even retrained/rehabbed as needed. 

Individually, outsiders have been pointing fingers at them and their performances. Internally, we know, without a doubt, that the blame is on the coaching staff, both for readiness and in game work.

You can go beyond the QB position and see the same song played on different instruments time and again across the entirety of all positional groups.

This tree is rotten at the roots. We need to salvage what fruit is still good on it and plow the rest of it under.

• Pie 2

Wanting Sam to play again really makes me wonder if they watched any of his games last year. Poor guy was crying on the field. They just need to leave him on IR and let some idiot team try and play him next year. If Baker looks this bad in the new O then Sam is going to lose the game by the half. 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Saw this tweet earlier.  Wasn't gonna make a thread on it, but this seems like an appropriate place to drop it.

image.png.8b6a517b74c9e370ab303a73969aaa6e.png

Accuracy matters. Last two seasons Matt Corral was at 72% and 69% completions respectively.

(Not you MA)Don't give me the college vs NFL crap because that the one singular metric that says a QB is putting it into the hands of running men. 

So as a struggling coach with a fan base looking for hope, why would you put a 60% completion JAG of a QB in front of someone more mobile, more skilled, taller, faster, more accurate and more familiar with your playbook.

(Not you MA)And don't give me the "he's on IR stop talking about him" weak sauce either. Had that man been behind the second or first team line the chances of that particular injury decrease exponentially. 

While I believe that to be true Sam Darnold is also injured so that may speak to the talent/coaching of the offensive line unit as a whole.

15 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Wanting Sam to play again really makes me wonder if they watched any of his games last year. Poor guy was crying on the field. They just need to leave him on IR and let some idiot team try and play him next year. If Baker looks this bad in the new O then Sam is going to lose the game by the half. 

Yanno, considering the coaching, I'd probably be crying over the helpless feeling the situation gave him. Honestly, the dude was brave walking back in for OTAs this year knowing there was a chance that he was going to get thrown to the wolves again.

Skills or not, Sam found himself under the tutelage of an even worse coach than he had before. One who likely was going to get him killed out there.

• Beer 1

Every single qb under rhule has looked like garbage, trying to pick and choose which one is washed or not is asinine.

i just find it hilarious how cam was washed but we are seeing every qb struggle under rhule, doesn’t take a brain surgeon to notice he’s the common denominator.

i feel sorry for baker, cam, even darnold because there’s no telling how these guys would perform under better circumstances

• Flames 1